Reading And Reviewing Books For Money

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Yvonne Smith, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I found a website that is for people who like to read a lot, and thought I would share it here. It could have gone in the area for making money from home; but since it is basically only something that would work for people who love to read; I decided to share it here instead. If it needs to be moved, please do so, @Ken Anderson .
    The basic idea is that you start reading books and writing a review, and they have drawings for Amazon gift cards. As you read book, and write reviews, you build up reputation points and when you get enough, they give you free books to read.
    As you reach higher levels, they then start paying you to read and review books. The website says you are not going to earn a lot doing this; but $100-$200 per month is possible once you reach the highest paid level.

I have just signed up for this; so I am still learning how it all works; but I know we have other people here who love to read, and wanted to share this with everyone.
    Here is the link to the website, where you can learn more, and sign up as a reviewer.

http://onlinebookclub.org/free-books-for-reviews.php

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
    Tim Burr, Ken Anderson and Von Jones like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like something I would have liked when I was 50. It stated if you haven't read a book in a year then it's not for you, so that leaves me out.

I'm noticing a lot of paying for reviews out there, must be the new trend.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Diana Kristof

Diana Kristof Veteran Member
    Registered

I love to read, and I read a lot, but it sure seems like you go through a fair amount of work and luck-of-the-draw before you would actually get paid. The idea seems appealing, but I don't think I have that kind of patience. I would rather know I'm going to get paid for the work I do up front. Still, it might be ideal for some. I do know some people who have been paid for this kind of thing, and I can't say that I know of other better venues for paid book reviews, unless you're a professional book critic. ;)

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It does sound interesting, and I'm sure some will be interested in it. I wonder if you get to choose the books, or if they assign them? I have a hard time reading things I'm not interested in. I think it's a hold over from all of the forced reading in school. I don't have enough time to even devote to the reading I want to do right now, but I'm interested to hear how it works out for you.

5. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I tried twice to register on this web site. Both times I had difficulty registering and could not discover what I was doing wrong.

6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I am already on a site something like that, but they want to assign you books, and I think you have to buy them upfront, and then review them and be paid for the reviews. I sent them an email saying I wasn't interested in buying any books, but I would review them if they had any free options. Some people on the site claim you really can make money once your reputation grows, but I don't really have the time available to put into something like this. I need compensation upfront, not a year later...and I am not paying money for any books that I might have little interest in.