Re-usable Grocery Bags

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Kitty Carmel, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

I hope they don't start complaining about the fabric bags. I have ones I made 10+ years ago and are still in good shape and have been washed multiple times.

Someone might get upset if you say people are stupid. Just saying.

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  2. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Member
    Registered

lol - yep - I'm always amused at such posts - is the poster saying they are not a people, or admitting that they are stupid? I don't thing that's what they mean to say......

Ken - no offense

Hoot, who is a people too.

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I like making and using shopping bags. I started a couple of years back when I got tired of plastic bags hurting my hands. My bags don't tear at the handles. The purchases don't generally poke holes through my bags. To make the bags I buy canvas tarps when I find them on sale. The fabric is so strong, and much cheaper than anything I can find in a cloth store.

I like to personalize them with storybook themes using fabric paints. I make them really large, 36" x 36" x 18". Then I give them away just before Christmas, so that my friends have a good way carry their purchases, instead of struggling with several individual clumsy plastic bags.

I'll be doing two this year. They make really nice CHEAP gifts, and it gives me something to do with my hands when I watch a movie with Bobert.

Gloria Mitchell and Ken Anderson like this.
  4. Jeff Tracy

Jeff Tracy Well-Known Member
    Registered

Here you are Shirley, all is revealed ;
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>