Random Acts Of Kindness

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

This post is NOT to toot my own horn-but merely to express how such a little thing can be spread around.
    Standing in line at Wal-Mart early this morning. A woman older than myself ahead of me and then a behind her was a very tattooed male of late 30-early 40ish. From his head down, just a lump of color. He only had a gift card in his hand but seemed anxious acting ,but he little the older woman ahead of him. Then he began
    lifting her groceries into her cart for her.It was clear they did not know each other . Once she was gone, the clerk tried to ring up the gift card, but would not clear. So the man left to find another. The clerk said he would be right back. We waited and waited, and the line was forming behind me-some were already going to another line.The clerk and I both decided to go ahead with my purchases. I had quite a bit to check out. I noticed then the lady behind me only had a comb and some deodorant- she also was a bit older than me, but her patience seemed better than mine. We all were discussing how the previous guy might have been up to no good with the gift card. He never was seen again during all this.
    Just as the clerk was finishing ringing me up, I slid the comb and deodorant over for her to ring up. Excuse me that is mine, the little lady claimed from behind me. I turned and said "yes I know". Oh my she claimed I do not know what to say. Reply, just say thank you and pass it on- I smiled. Oh well, thank you and God Bless you .
    Suddenly, I had made someone else's day better. The clerk was smiling ear to ear. I just love it when this type of thing happens, she said. Another person affected by one simple act of kindness.
    I have done similar things in the past, but realized today it had been way too long.
    It is not pride I feel in such a simple gesture, but the uplifting and a freeing of the senses to think something so small, can bring such joy to your entire body and well being.

2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell , you did good. Bless your generous heart.

I often let somebody check out in front of me if I have a lot and they only have a few things. I have also had people do the same for me. People are still kind.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  3. Michael Kaytoo

Michael Kaytoo Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have witnessed many random acts of kindness. Here is one from our 'Thought for Today' archive.

thought071.jpg

Attached Files:

Hedi Mitchell and Shirley Martin like this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Little things mean a lot that's for sure

Hedi Mitchell and Maggie Mae like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Remember when I let Holly know, on this forum, that she was missing a diamond from her bracelet? She put on a picture of it and I immediately could see a stone missing. She was very grateful.

I remember, walking back to our vehicle in a Home Depot parking lot here and seeing this truck that had a brake light out. I walked up to the driver's side window, he put it down, looked at me and said "sorry, I have no spare change". I looked at him and said, "I just wanted to let you know that your right side brake light was out." He smiled, looked over at his female passenger and laughed. I laughed as well.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.