Rainbow

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Martin Alonzo, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Although this is not a conspiracy or paranormal it was very surprising to me. One night I went out side to see a rainbow in the middle of the night. There was a full moon and it had been raining. The only thing funny it had no color only different shades of gray. I have seen many double rainbows but it took me 65 years before I seen one at night.

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, I've never heard of a rainbow at night. I've researched it and found moonbow that you might have seen. Here is the site to read up on it:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonbow

I've never heard or seen a moonbow. How interesting that such a thing exists. Conditions has to be just right for a moonbow to appear. I've learned something new today. Thank you.

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have never seen a rainbow at night. That would be interesting to see, do you have to be in a certain hemisphere to see something like that.

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think so just luck

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is not a rainbow; but it is surely beautiful, and it looks like some kind of a halo around this cloud, and has all of the pretty colors of a rainbow.
    This was in Costa Rica; so did you see this, @Martin Alonzo ?

6. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

Like a rainbow in the dark! Actually I have seen this, I just never knew that these were called Moon bows, how neat! I guess that you really do learn new things everyday. In fact I saw one of these just this summer and it was unique because not only did I see the full circle but I saw what looked like a cross in rainbow colors. It was very pretty. I tried to get a picture but it really did not come out well at all. I did not have a tripod. I figure this was caused by the ice crystals we still had in the air, reflecting in the light of the very large full moon.

Now I feel like I almost want to make it a mission to get a picture of a moon bow.

7. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Wow! I never heard of lunar rainbow or moonbow, but if it looks like in the Wikipedia picture, it has too be truly beautiful and special. Kind of magic that brought to mind the intro of Disney old TV shows with Tinkerbell opening.

Those clouds in the video @Yvonne Smith is sharing with us are truly strange, but here the issue is that they came by daylight, so probably more common to happen.