Racist

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Martin Alonzo, Aug 4, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think it is a mistake to take statistics on prison populations, or of serial killers for that matter, and use them to suggest that blacks are more inclined to criminal behavior than whites, or that there is something within white men that leads them to become serial killers.

Most of the blacks who inhabit our prisons were raised in environments that would be every bit as likely to produce a criminal regardless of their skin color. I would guess that most of the white people who are in prison for drug or violent offenses were raised in environments similar to the black prison population.

Black children who are raised in two-family homes, by parents who have a respect for education, and who instill a strong sense of moral values in their children, are no more likely to become involved in criminal behavior than those of any other race.

Most serial killers have a history of abuse, particularly sexual abuse, at a very young age, so I doubt that this has anything to do with skin tone either.

2. Jane Smith

Jane Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with much of what Ken says. I think we should also accept that a black or minority person is also more likely to receive a custodial sentence than a white person who commits the same crime. There have been many studies that offer this as a factor in the disparity of ethnic groups in prisons.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

It does not have a damn thing to do with color. What does happen ..is that many other races are poverty ridden and have a lack of education...which tends to breed crime drugs and etc.
    I do not think most people want to live anywhere that would make them the minority of the neighborhood.But
    diversity is here to stay...like it or not.
    I could say more but its too early and have places to go :)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In reply to @Cody Fousnaugh, the chief reason for people living in the south isn’t because of the diversity among the races. The overwhelming reason is because it’s the South! Ya know, it’s warmer and people can go to work 365 days a year without plowing through 6’ of snow.
    Industry is higher, the taxes are less, homes cost less and the list of reasons goes on and on and not one of those items include, “So I can hook up with someone of another race”. Where a multitude of beliefs and races congregate, there will be those who cross over.

Now, in regard to people wishing to live in an area which is dominated by persons of their own race and/or ethnic grouping is tribalism and absolutely IS discriminatory. It’s instinctual, it’s natural and no amount of governmental insistence on integration is going to change that.

Now, whether that dominance will accept a person of another tribe within their grouping is a totally different story.
    It isn’t that someone dislikes another race but instead feels psychologically superior to another race and doesn’t wish to intermix with someone who is believed to be inferior.
    Even in a mixed race scenario, those who live in the north somehow believe that those who live in the south, no matter the race, have a mental deficiency.
    If a white guy from Kentucky moved to Colorado he’d initially be hard pressed because of his accent and love for grits.
    On the other side of that spectrum, a southerner would be hard pressed to go and try to find work in an area whose chief industry includes snow bunnies and skiers.

Think about it Cody. 95% of your posts include your boots, hats and rodeo which is a tribal thing unto itself and is apparently dismissive of those who do not conform to that grouping of people which is definitely a type of discrimination. Add in a race factor of participants and we have yet another statistic.

Jus sayin’.......

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Ken Anderson

I don't doubt that plays into it too.

7. Ken Anderson

Despite years of bussing and other government and social programs designed to integrate our schools, where people are able to choose which school they go to, we still have primarily black or primarily white schools. In integrated schools, the current trend is for the black student body to insist on black-only proms or even black-only graduation ceremonies, and the same people who saddled everyone with bussing a few decades ago applaud that.

Tex Dennis likes this.
  8. Tex Dennis

Tex Dennis Veteran Member
    Registered

My last 2 years in LE I was in scheduling enforcement and dealt with numbers concerning crimes to persons committed, our jail population figures were 93% MINORITY, FACT. Over 75% of our calls were from same districts, the buses weekly to Huntsville intake were about the same % of race, so like it or not that's just the truth there, upsetting, scream or what not just the way it is, we had 3 times the officers working in these areas and could have had 10 times more that still would not made a dent in it. Those that do not wish to admit the truth are the problems. I once got into a discussion with a friend and his ultra liberal wife on this and suggested lets go to eat and for a walk on a summer evening afterwards, I took them to Malcom X Blvd area, she would not get out of the car! Said I was crazy and we will get mugged or worse here. All I said was I rest my case. Then we went to the Plano area on the way back home she loved the walk there. Perfect example of exactly what I had told them. Her husband the next day at work just laughed at her attitudes and said how could he even think of taking us there for a walk, we could have been robbed or killed.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok, I agree with you, but also disagree with you at the same time. How's that?

Really, the Bottom Line is...…...there's just a difference between those that choose to live in the South and those that chose to live in the West, South West, Rocky Mountain States and the High Plains States. Whether or not race has something to do with people's decisions to move somewhere, I really don't know. I do know that each of the cities/areas I mentioned in my one reply #41 are primarily-to-ONLY one race. Does that mean those cities/areas are racist? Could be looked at that way, but the people who live in those areas don't care. As for me, I wouldn't want to live in the middle of Little Saigon or China Town or Watts.

There are those living in Denver, CO making a really nice salary and their job has nothing to do with the ski industry there.
    There are those people that live in a Rocky Mountain state or any of the surrounding states, have simply have no love for Florida, the South or the East Coast and the feeling is mutual from those people that live in the South, East Coast and Florida.

As far as the cowboy/western attire, I truly think your "off base" there. There are lots of folks in Colorado, and surrounding states, that don't wear cowboy/western attire. You really need to visit up there and look around. There are those that have absolutely nothing to do with the "cowboy or western" way of life at all. We didn't see anyone boating on Boyd Lake wearing a cowboy hat or boots. Just saying.

Yes, the areas there get snow, but that's just part of living there, just like heat/humidity is part of living in the South and Florida.

On the relocation forum I'm on, I read about people complaining about the amount of snow that is falling, blizzard conditions and below zero temps. But, then again, I hear about the high humidity, how sweaty/sticky it is and how fearful people are when a tropical storm or hurricane is possibly approaching the Gulf, Florida or the East Coast.

Funny, people in Colorado and surrounding states don't really care about how people in the South, Florida or East Coast think of them and it's also visa-versa.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Have a 1-word reply for you...…..YEP!! Totally true.

11. Ken Anderson

Our governor has been accused of being a racist because he said, during an interview, that although the percentage of blacks in Maine is just over one percent, most of the people who are arrested in Maine with large quantities of drugs (dealers) were black. He even gave a percentage but I don't remember what it was. Apparently, he was quoting an actual statistic, but he was racist for mentioning it. Maine's liberal newspapers, which is all of them, rarely mention the race or show a photo if the person being arrested is black or Muslim, which is pretty much the same thing since most of the Muslims in Maine are black, and I think most of the blacks in Maine are Muslim, since they came here from Somalia rather than from the American South. Ignoring statistics when you're trying to find a solution to a problem is unhelpful, but I still don't think that you can reasonably get, from that, that their skin tone has anything to do with it. Again, it's environmental, perhaps cultural, and mostly that this is how they have learned to earn a living.

Bobby Cole and Frank Sanoica like this.
  12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Nothing to do with Race...just want to mention with regard to the south and north divide...here in the UK it tends to be the opposite way around to the USA... The south is the most affluent area of the UK and the most expensive ..as well of course as the hottest..

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

As we have wandered about our area first as Snowbirds, now as permanent residents, we have noted the predominantly white population here. On occasion, a black person is seen performing some job, thus likely a resident, but stats say <1% black live here. Most blacks encountered are in the resorts, obviously out-of-towners having a good time. There is a large contingency of Hispanics living here, typical of almost anywhere near Mexico. Also, the proportion of retirees is very high, my guess being 40-50%.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

15. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

United we stand, divided we fall, all colors. This does not include those who broke into the nation but those who came in legal.