Quotes For Our 4 Legged Companions

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Micki Pembroke, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Thomas I have a similar story to tell about my beloved Pepsie. He was a Shetland Sheepdog (Sheltie) and they have thin, brittle legs. When he was still a pup my son stepped on his left hind leg and broke it badly. His leg was never the same after the operation as the bone was shorter. The end result was Pepsie was lame for the rest of his life. I think our relationship was strong as a very deep bond grew between us as I took charge in his nursing and recuperation after his operation. I recall I tied his leash to our rotary clothes lines and pushed it gently making it swing while he moved with it.. His other exercise was hydro. Every day I exercised him in our pool. Not an easy task as he hated getting wet but he stuck at it and his lame leg got stronger. My son and I had built a decking a year or two earlier with five steps leading to our yard. This was too steep for Pepsie to negotiate so I built him his own steps so he had an easier passage to his kennel. My stoic little Pepsie lived a full life until stomach cancer took him at 13. I have his ashes urn and that of our other dog at the time Chloe and have a little chat with them both from time to time.

Thomas Stearn and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks, Beth and Craig for sharing. It's moving to read what both of you have been through with your pets and how you cared for them. I admire your ingenuity, Craig. Beth, Harry looks like a bundle of joy. I can imagine his speed ....wide open, as you say. :D

3. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

4. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

Story time.......Keeping my front window clean is an on going project, thanks to Shaalee and Noah, mostly Noah. Same thing with my terrace doors, mostly Noah. Now, Noah has found something new, have a Google Nest Hub on a table by my bed, noticed lately he's been really eyeing it. He's been touching it with his nose, and sometimes it will bring things up on the screen, he must find it interesting, he will do the nose thing quite often to see things come on the screen. How do i know, because i've sat and watched him, hope it wears off, he really smugges up the screen. :p:p:p. And my problem child, Micki, believe it or not, she doesn't apply her nose prints on anything, maybe because she thinks everything is hers, she doesn't want mess up her stuff. :p.

Lois Winters likes this.