Quick Snack

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Richard Paradon, May 21, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Usually I go to the market daily but today I kept putting it off. A little while ago I decided it was time to buy some food, but the weather looked like this:

[​IMG]

and a few minutes it really came down hard. Got the munchies and was tired of left overs so,
    one egg, one tortilla, pepper and a splash of hot sauce.

[​IMG]

Put some butter in the pan and toss the tortilla in. When it starts getting hot, pour an egg on top of it and fry away until the egg is cooked.

[​IMG]

Add some hot sauce and eat!

[​IMG]

2. Clark Smith

Clark Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Seems quite tasty and good to see! I don't know by the way how time did you spend on it because the boiling thingy is quite time expansive isn't it? Also I'm quite curious about that green homelete alike called tortilla.. what's the difference between that and a common homelette?

3. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Your quick snack does not only look tasty, but suggests me a kind of quick pizza-style snack.

Would be worth topping this tortilla dish sprinkling some cheese while it's still on the stove. Of course, if there is cheese at hand because the ultimate goal of quick snacks is making use of what we can find in the kitchen when the weather says "you'd better stay home."

Thanks for sharing both snack idea and pics :)

4. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I happen to do quick pizzas for my 8yr old grandson on tortillas in a pizza pan. You have to be careful not to put to many toppings on it or you have a disaster on your hands. I just use a very thin layer of sauce, some cheese and maybe some sausage and mushrooms. Just put in the pan until the tortilla starts to crisp and the cheese starts to melt. He loves them, they are quick and do not make a big mess to clean up.

Yvonne Smith and Carlota Clemens like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We do that sometimes too, for a quick snack.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Snack is really bad for me because I normally gain weight when I eat snacks. But my stomach would be complaining when I get hungry so I just watch the volume of what I eat. Especially when I am in the office, food sometimes come on my table unannounced, given by a colleague or someone I had done a favor.

But in times that I would buy snacks, native food is tops on my list. We have that snack called banana cue, it is fried banana with caramel and put on a stick. That 2 pieces of banana is enough to tide me over until dinner time. Sometimes I buy the camote cue, that's sweet potator, fried in the same style of the banana and also put in a stick. In the morning, my favorite is the taho - a soft bean curd that is eaten with syrup and sago. It's a hit in the office.

7. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

Mmm, sounds like a really tasty snack!

I don't have a favorite snack but while I have to get one when food cravings come up, the fact of being working at home most of the time lately makes me get some snacking ideas off the top of my head based on what I have at hand, and let me tell you that sometimes provisions run out before hunger strikes in.

However I have always have at least one bag of white bread to prepare my favorite snack by grilling or putting into the oven a piece of bread, a slice of American cheese, followed by some chopped lettuce, a slice of tomato and topping with a slice of bacon, which can be optional if you are concerned about fats.

American cheese can be substituted for Monterey Jack, Cheddar, or any other melting cheese.

8. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I have not had a BLT, Bacon, Lettuce and Tomato sandwich in years. I really like BLT sandwiches, one of the few sandwiches, eat because I am not a big bread eater. We do not eat bacon any more because of the trying to stay healthy in my old age idea. Now I want a BLT with cheese.

Carlota Clemens likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Awww, Pat, nothing on this earth is as good as a BLT. With two or three slices of tomato, crunchy lettuce, mayo and all the bacon you can pile on it. :D Go ahead, have one!

Seriously, though, I try to eat healthy, too. I figure that if I'm good most of the time, I can safely have a BLT once in a while. I am soooo looking forward to having one made with a fresh tomato from my garden.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

I like BLTs minus the L. Thick slices of tomatoes and 5 or 6 slices of bacon on whole grain whole wheat toast. If II have any around I'll add some slices of avocado. Don't forget the mayonnaise.

11. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I do BCTs (bacon, cheese and tomato) because I view lettuce as nothing but a filler. In most cases, such as salads, I would prefer to substitute sprouts for lettuce.

12. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

My snack is similar... Kind of. I take a large tortilla and fold it in half. I put shredded cheese in it and microwave it for 45 seconds. Ta-da! Yummy and easy!

13. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

Looks very nice, and easy to do !
    Thanks for sharing this, might do it someday while being in lack of time.

14. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I had a light dinner (salad and cheese & crackers), so made some popcorn.

pŏp′kôrn
    noun
    a flavorless medium solely purposed for holding butter and salt

Hedi Mitchell and Shirley Martin like this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

today my snack was 2 toasty cracker sand some fake crab..... .later small hand of honey nut cheerios

John Brunner likes this.