Quick Breakfast

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't usually spend much time on breakfast, but today I spent even less time on it. I wanted to get back up here before my tea got cold, after feeding the cats, so I toasted up a tortilla in my little frying pan, and then frambled an egg in the same pan. I enjoy eggs cooked most ways, so frambling (starting to fry, then lightly scrambling the egg or eggs) is right up my alley. Best of all, there was only one pan and spatula to clean, and since I'd sprayed the pan with butter Pam before toasting the tortilla, I didn't have to use any additional spread/topping, and it kept the egg from sticking to the pan. I'm out of salsa verde or that would have been put in the middle. I basically made a quick egg taco, and it was yummy.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I do that a lot, @Diane Lane.

There's also so much you can add to scrambled eggs. I do use a low carb, low calorie, lower sodium tortilla. This wheat tortilla has the best nutritional nal value that I can find. Did come across a spinach one somewhere but it wasn't as tasty as this one is.
    I also scramble like you do sometimes, unless I have a paper bowl or cup that I can toss.

That tortilla isn't available everywhere though.

I will also have this for other meals too.

I call it more of a burrito than a taco.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
    K E Gordon likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane - I've scrambled my brain, trying to wrap my head around "frambling an egg". Is this your term, for breaking a fried egg? Frambled eggs..... I have a headache.:confused:
    [​IMG]
    "The Framble is exactly what you think it is: A Frankenstein-like mash-up of fried and scrambled eggs that brings the best of both worlds to the breakfast table. :eek:It's a fried egg without any of the annoying parts, as there's no need to let the whites set or to coddle the precious egg yolks so they don't spill all over the place like some sort of molten Dick Tracy cake. At the same time, it's a scramble with some textural variation and less clean up".:D
    [​IMG]

K E Gordon and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Remember....you can't un-framble an egg!;)

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I have made those kinds of egg tacos and or breakfast burritos before. They are good. I love Huevos Rancheros, and I bought all the stuff to make them I thought...but then I keep using the ingredients for something else! Some of those tortillas ar only about 80 per tortilla, about the same as a piece of bread, so that is good enough for me. If I buy them in this area, I am likely to only get a basic tortilla anyway. The grocery store, that is in the county seat, about a half an hour away has a few more things, but I don't go there too often, we have one out here at the lake..that I usually use.