Question About Central Air Conditioning

Discussion in 'Energy & Fuel' started by Chrissy Cross, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I only have one floor but I keep the house dark and never turn on my oven. Also ceiling fans help.

The best solution was going to my daughter's a lot. Save on everything when I'm gone. :)

Had I not had so many medical tests this month I would have gone. Nits about 25-30 degrees cooler there also since it's on the coast.

Frank Sanoica and Diane Lane like this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm on the coast here, but since it's the Texas Gulf Coast, it's still pretty hot, although there are certainly inland portions of Texas that are much hotter. I couldn't handle that. Even being by a lake helps with cooling the temperatures off, and I will hopefully always live somewhat near water. I'm sure the bills are much lower when you're not there, that's a good way to keep the bills down and also spend time with your family. Hopefully next month, you'll be able to get away and relax.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm planning on it. Then in Sept I'm going for a month to Illinois to visit son. I guess I shouldn't gripe about this months bill because the rest of the year is always low. Usually around $50.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't use my oven in the summer either. I guess I got this from my mother who didn't.

By the time it's cold enough to use the oven, I'm dying for pizza and baked potato.