Quarter Of People May Already Be Immune To Coronavirus – Even Though Many Have Never Been Infected

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Frank Sanoica, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

It seems to me, and I've stated this for months now, that it is likely that despite all the precautions, the virus is finding it's way about the Globe, which means it's likely EVERY human being alive is exposed, or has been, to small numbers of the virus, not enough to cause full-blown symptoms of illness. When this happens, the body's defenses builds antibodies against that virus, able to eliminate relatively small numbers naturally. This process may explain how the various pandemics eventually became "burned out'.

"A quarter of people may already be immune to coronavirus even though many of them have never been infected, a new study by Public Health England (PHE) suggests.

Over the past few months, researchers have followed nearly 2,850 key workers from the police, fire and health services to gauge levels of immunity to the virus.

They discovered that, by June, one in four had high levels of T-cells which recognised Covid, suggesting they had some level of protection against the virus – but nearly half had never been infected."

See: https://frontier.yahoo.com/news/many-could-immune-covid-despite-143426976.html

Frank

Trevalius Guyus and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't look at the link but I have wondered about that. My sister-in-law had it. My brother who lives in the house with her didn't catch it. My niece had it. Her husband didn't catch it. It seems to me that they must have some kind of natural immunity to the virus. I think the researchers would be well advised to test people who have been exposed but didn't have the virus to find out why.

3. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I remember when there were rumors that people with O+ blood type were more immune. Don't know whatever happened with that.

4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I thought perhaps previous diseases you might have had produced antibodies effective for later diseases as well. Who knows?

Frank Sanoica and Nancy Hart like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Isn't that the most common blood type? If the immunity "rumors" are true then that's a good thing.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Nancy Hart

Registered

Looks like Harvard Med School shot this theory down in July.

"The study did find, however, that symptomatic individuals with blood types B and AB who were Rh positive were more likely to test positive for COVID-19, while those with blood type O were less likely to test positive." o_O

LINK

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  7. Hugh Manely

Hugh Manely Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That could be true. My son-in-law who is a fireman recently traveled to Texas for a competition and roomed with his fellow fireman for 3 days, who then tested positive when he returned to the station.

My SIL then came down with a fever for a couple of days, stayed home, worked outside away from my daughter for a few days, and didn't bother to get tested. She was tested, and it was negative thank the Lord, but she had to be quarantined for ten days, and now they are back to normal. Of course, my g-daughters have not been at school, and do all schoolwork on the computers.

I certainly hope the statements above are true. I have O blood type and also have had pneumonia shots and also had encephalitis, which I hope aided me in developing a stronger immunity.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

My BFF neighbor last Sunday had her family over. Tuesday her son tested positive..later hat day two tested positive..even the tutor who comes in the house was just diagnosed as positive.
    Just seems to be getting closer and moving faster.

9. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It seems from all the news the last five decades, especially all year this year, that 50% to 95% of people who get 'infected' with a cold or a flu including so-called covid have NO SYMPTOMS..... regardless if they have immunity or not,
    totally regardless if they were ever tested or not .... (the tests do not test for actual covid19 , but for things that are common in many people, resulting in a lot of false positives for covid - AND that's besides the SAME tests being re-done the same day come back with the opposite results. There appears to be NO HEALTH REASON for the testing.
    No matter if tested at all, always do what is right, including as needed vitamin c and d, and other helps.

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My wife and I have been supplementing many of the things needed to beef up the immune system for years and they are apparently working.,
    As an extra for me, Ive been immune to mumps and smallpox all my life so I really do not know what else I could be immune to.

11. Nancy Hart

Registered

There have been some studies on the relationship of age and the severity of symptoms of virus infection, where the data suggests that previous exposure to other viruses may work both ways. In other words, previous infection with some viruses may cause a person to have greater immunity to a new virus, and others can cause a person to have less. That would be something, if true, wouldn't it?

12. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

That may happen frequently, actually, the way things go.

On the other hand, determining the cause of disease and preventing or reversing/ treating the cause/ is almost always a better idea than finding symptoms and treating symptoms after someone is sick, and not dealing with the cause.

Trevalius Guyus likes this.