Purple Knot By Raquel Byrnes

Discussion in 'Reading & Writing' started by Mari North, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

It's rare that I like a book enough to take the time to recommend it to others. But that's what I'm doing this time. I finished this one a few minutes ago. I just bought it for Kindle yesterday... yes, it was that good!

Name and Author: Purple Knot by Raquel Byrnes

Genre: Suspense I think technically it's classified as Christian Suspense, but for those who don't read the genre, I'll have to say that there was very little mentioned that would deem it this genre. A few mentions of one of the main character's beliefs a couple of times is all that was there.

It was... yeah, suspenseful! And surprising results. And a love that spanned years. Wealth... murder... coverups. Well, I won't give more away. :)

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Right now, I am in the midst of reading a couple of books and I can't promise that I'll remember when I get the time, but perhaps I will. It does sound like something I might like.

Mari North likes this.
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Mari North , I bought the book Purple Knot after I read your review, and I just finished it a few minutes ago. I found it to be very absorbing, just as you did.

I had gotten to where I didn't want to read anything. I love a good thriller or mystery, but I was tired of having to wade through the heavy profanity and sexual scenarios that seemed to be the norm for most of what I had been coming across.

I enjoyed the story very much, and I was impressed with the way the author presented the description of God's grace in chapter 34.

Thank you for the recommendation.

Mari North and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

You're very welcome, @Ina I. Wonder and I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I also enjoyed Raquel's "Whispers on Shadow Bay"... very different from Purple Knot, but still a good read if you like the genre. It's as close as I've found to the Gothic mysteries I used to love so much a few decades ago. (Not today's "gothic" with vampires and stuff... gothic like Dorothy Daniels used to write... "house on a cliff" type of story, girl having to stay there, weird things going on, etc.)

Yvonne Smith likes this.