Pumpkins!

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Diana Kristof, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Diana Kristof

Diana Kristof Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, after I was feeling so down yesterday (I will reply to you all over there in that thread, just haven't gotten there yet!), I decided to do something bright and cheerful today.

I have been making pumpkins! Maybe a little bit early for fall, but you can never start too soon with holidays, right? What do you think? :)

I'm seeing a whole row of them on a windowsill, or maybe stringing them onto a garland of some sort. I'm not really sure yet exactly what I will do, but they are keeping me busy.

Attached Files:

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't think it is too early for Fall. If the stores can do it, why can't we? Many stores have had Halloween items out for two weeks. I love it actually, because it reminds me of the weather cooling off..and Fall is my favorite season of the year. I have a garland of pumpkin lights. Maybe I will put them out..I don't usually use them. but they are festive! Come on Fall!!! Nothing quite says Fall like pumpkins!

Krissttina Isobe and Von Jones like this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh what cute pumpkins. Yeah, that would be a good decoration and although it is early but it's a good reminder of the coming holiday. I thought all along that this thread is about pumpkin pie. Don't think that I am yearning for a pie just because I am on a no-rice diet, huh. But honestly, I would love to have a slice of pumpkin pie right now.

I admire people who can do crochet work. It needs perseverance especially in making a sweater from the yarn. We were taught crochet in our grade school, I think that was in the 5th grade. But I was not able to get the hang of it. Maybe I don't have enough patience.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  5. Marilyn Pahl

Marilyn Pahl Veteran Member
    Registered

Michael's Arts & Crafts had one isle set up for Christmas, when me and Pip went in to buy Halloween & Thanksgiving things for the grandkids. That is one adorable pumpkin you crocheted.:)

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  6. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I went to Walmart and they got an aisle for Halloween now and some good rollbacks too! What adorable decorations and garlands I think are great for that size of pumpkins. Make what you feel like creating with your pumpkins though so you'll enjoy it more!

K E Gordon likes this.
  7. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, I love pumpkin, too! And you ate right. They are cheerful. I love autumn. Only a grouch would hate pumpkins.

Marilyn Pahl likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, fall and halloween decorations are out everywhere now...I'm seeing halloween costumes at Costco already.

Christmas is my favorite holiday though. Maybe because Fresno doesn't really have a fall season.

9. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Thanksgiving has to be my favorite holiday. All that home cooking only in big quantities with lots of left overs. Friends dropping by, sharing new recipes and some dinner and treats.Turkey sandwiches for a week to take into work. I remember grandma who had a huge round table.Where we shared many glorious holidays, birthdays. She put the magic in those events. Ones in the family thought she should have a rectangular table. She said, Nope with a round table there is always room for one more person.;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. K E Gordon

Registered

I saw a recipe for a Caramel Pumpkin Pokecake. Now, that is something I have to try, I don't care how many calories it is...It looked awesome!!! I plan to make it when we get another cool stretch, and I can get all the ingredients together. I totally love pumpkin, and caramel as well. It sounds so festive..Decorating it with a bit of orange on the top, like icing or little pumpkins would be cool too. I can't wait!

Marilyn Pahl likes this.
  11. Marilyn Pahl

Registered

Wow that sounds yummy....I love anything caramel. They use to make fun of me liking that burnt sugar caramel and not rich chocolate.....

K E Gordon likes this.
  12. K E Gordon

Registered

Me too Marilyn, I think I prefer caramel or butterscotch over chocolate. There is something about that dark sugar sweetness that is really appealing. I still remember when I was in 8th grade in home ec. someone brought in, or we made some cookies/candies made with butter scotch chips and chow mein noodles. One of the best things, I ever ate, I think. Oddly enough though I have never had them since. I guess I never have butterscotch chips and chow mein noodles at the same time!