Public Hangings

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Sheldon Scott, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe we should bring them back. Here's a bit of history from the town I was raised in:

Sept. 3, 1875 — The first execution under Judge Isaac Parker is held; six men are executed in one day. Daniel Evans is hanged for the murder of William Riley Seaboalt Jr., William Whittington for the murder of John Turner, James Moore for the murder of Officer William Spivey, Smoker Mankiller for the murder of William Short, Samuel Fooy for the murder of John Neff and Edmund Campbell for the murder of Lawson Ross and Ross’ wife.

Diane Lane, Ike Willis and K E Gordon like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

No thanks Sheldon - although I support capital punishment, I don't want to be there at the time - ta very much o_O:p

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmmm there are a few politicians I would like to see hanged! Also, we can all probably think of a few criminals we would like to see swing!

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I would favor public executions. th (9).jpe

Sheldon Scott and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Maybe if they were restricted to politicians, child molesters, and people who drive under the speed limit.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We are currently having senate hearings about the illegal drug trade. The most famous senator of our country, Manny Pacquiao (yeah, the boxer) said that he would opt for hanging as a means of ending the life of a convict who committed a heinous crime. Our congress is contemplating on whether to revive the death penalty which was stopped some decades ago. The means of execution was lethal injection although in the olden days, it was the electric chair that was used.

As for hanging, Senator Pacquiao joked that it is cheaper since all you have to do is to kick away the stool where the convict is standing... and presto, the job is done.

7. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Sorry. Hanging is gruesome: tongue protruding, the neck stretching the longer the person is legt hanging, and protruding eye balls. Just can't see this happening in 2016. Just shoot them and get it over with.

Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

When they hung Tom Blackjack Ketchum they dropped him too far for his weight. His head snapped off. That's his head on the ground in front of his body.

BlackJack-3.jpg

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't understand why anyone would go to watch this sight o_O:confused:

10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I always favored 'old sparky'.

11. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Shooting squad works for me. The thread of prison doesn't seem to be working as a deterrent, and there are way too many dangerous people running the streets. Even those who are supposed to be behind bars until death sometimes are released and let loose on society. I probably wouldn't attend, though. I don't care to see the deed done, although I reserve the right to change my mind about that if someone I love is harmed/killed, and in that case, I might just do the deed myself.

Sheldon Scott and Ike Willis like this.