Productivity Through Combined Effort

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Frank Sanoica, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

This is quite a feat. Considering the past difficulties experienced between Boeing and organized labor, the company successfully "farmed out" the making of these landing gear assemblies. It's an interesting "read", the size of the parts is phenomenal! I have always marveled at Boeing's abilities, having been involved with Management and Labor disputes myself. The pic is evidently of the "nose" gear, as the main gear's tires are over 50 inches in diameter, and there are 3 to a side. Frank
    "Tiny crew delivers first set of massive 777 landing gear"
    [​IMG]
    Todd Brokaw, lead mechanic at Hroux-Devtek in Everett, works on the second set of 777 landing gear in the company’s final-assembly facility. Hroux-Devtek is headquartered in Longueuil, Quebec. (Mike Siegel/The Seattle Times)

"At a new facility in Everett, Canadian supplier Héroux-Devtek has completed its first set of 777-300ER landing gear for delivery to Boeing, ahead of its contract to make the 777X landing gear.

A small Canadian company in 2013 beat out giant incumbent supplier United Technologies for the contract to build the landing gear for Boeing’s large twinjet 777 and also for the new 777X.
    On Monday, Héroux-Devtek delivers to Boeing its first assembled landing gear set, consisting of two six-wheeled main landing gear “trucks” and the two-wheel nose gear.

A main landing-gear truck weighs 7.5 tons and, with the telescoping legs compressed, stands 14 foot 9 inches tall. The complete set has to support the weight of a full 777 airplane, which maxes out at an easy-to-remember 777,000 pounds, or almost 390 tons.
    That first ship set of landing gear was entirely put together by employees Leonel Hernandez and Todd Brokaw. Quality inspector Richard Peters and site leader Justin Smith complete the workforce."

http://www.seattletimes.com/busines...livers-first-set-of-massive-777-landing-gear/

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Then it will probably come as no surprise to you at all, @Chrissy Page , to learn that I also believed (and still do) that OJ was not the killer. I think that he was not necessarily set up for the crime; but that he might have been trying to cover for someone else, possibly his older son.
    Another theory I read about was that it was Ron Goldman who was the actual target, and there is some interesting information regarding that. Just out of curiosity, who did your husband think committed the murders Since he believed it was not Simpson that did it ?
    And this is off-topic, too; but Chrissy, you have ALL of the skills necessary to make an awsome CT detective. All you need is a tin-foil hat and then just jump down into the rabbit hole, instead of covering it up and hollering "There IS NO rabbit" at the top of your lungs.
    I am sure your late husband would be awesomely proud of your skills , too ! !

Ina I. Wonder and Chrissy Cross like this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Lol, I can't remember what my husband thought about who did it but he did say the prosecution didn't prove it's case and the crime scene was contaminated, blah blah blah. :)

When the verdict was read, he was in Japan on business and he called me and I was in tears and he said I told you so. NOT GUILTY. Grrrrr.

I'd have a hard time serving on a jury because you're already guilty in my eyes. I'm just very pro prosecution, pro government, think people are honest for the most part and if they lie it's for our benefit.

I don't mind the govt having secrets if it's for our benefit. Ours is a government of checks and balances and it's not easy for the president to really do much harm no matter what party. Things never change that much to matter to me.

My husband and I came from very different backgrounds so maybe that's why we were so different.

But it worked and that's all that matters in the end. :) My ex was very different also than me and very different than my husband too.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.