Problem Solved

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Von Jones, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

For several months I have been without the use of my cd drive on my computer. In search of a fix I ran all the windows 'fix' programs and still I kept getting the same message to run troubleshoot each time. I realized that in the process I learned an extensive amount of knowledge about my computer and how it works or what doesn't work. So what now?

YouTube! I just typed in my own words what was wrong and viola! up pops a list of helpful videos aiming to help solve my cd drive problem. After going through severalof them, the videos had slightly different approaches but the solutions were the same and I felt pretty good about that. Although I became very reluctant to follow through after reading the comments. More unresolved than resolved. So I stepped away from my computer to mull over my findings.

Back at it again I wanted to become familiar with what I had injested so I grabbed my notes and went through the steps of the video. I didn't commit to taking the final step though. I felt I needed to know more so I emailed my son and explained my dilemma. He simply said to uninstall the cd driver and reboot. I did that but I still couldn't play my cds. So I decided to follow through as shown on the YT videos and now I am a happy camper.

Now I see why the IT guys/gals get paid big bucks. I'm just glad that some of them are willing to share their knowledge for free to people like us on YouTube.

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

That's good Von - You Tube to the rescue again :)

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh yes good for you @Von Jones ...Youtube is just a fantastic medium for so many things, and especially saving us lots of money when it comes to home repairs... i dread the day that they ever suggest that we have to pay for it separately..

4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I find You Tube a great resorce of information.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sometime reinstalling the software will work and/or reinstalling the entire Windows program. Have had to do both. Unfortunately, like what happened to us, our computer was just to old to do anything to. Had to buy a new computer, but sure love it.