Prince Harry To Marry Meghan Markle

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Holly Saunders, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

What the heck is blackamoor jewellery?.... I saw all those pictures the other day of the parade of Royals going to lunch with the Queen and I didn't notice this on princess Michael ...

Patsy Faye likes this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

You can't miss that brooch and its in a funny position, its also very naff

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

I would have seen it if she'd been walking, but that would have been a journalist with a long lens, I certainly didn't see it in the video of them driving in... you're right it's an ugly piece of jewellery despite or regardless of the connotations. ...but I do think too much is being made of Meghans' colour...she's half white, in fact I notice in today's black and white engagement photos.. she has about as many freckles as Harry... however even if she were 100% black, I just wish people would stop getting their knickers in a twist about her colour.. .

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Makes me shudder to think that people would make an issue of it

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know anything about this person or the pin she's wearing to know if it was on purpose and a dig.

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

Whether deliberate or not, the woman has no taste in what looks good :rolleyes: Should be binned, only place for it

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Now I'm interested in that pin. Is it a common pin? Is it a pin of a royal black person? Looks that way from the hat.

Why would this woman have that pin? Do other white women have that pin? Would it be something a black person would have.

Please don't say I'm racist, just curious. I wouldn't even have noticed it except that it's been circled.

8. Holly Saunders

Registered

See I'm the same as you CC...I woudn't have noticed it either..and I know nothing at all about this pin..never heard of it before today...

princess Michael had a hard time when she married into the Royal family herself many years ago..because she's Divorced, Czech and Catholic... and she had much less of a filter than the royals were used to so she was sidelined a lot by the The royal family , so I would find it hard to believe she would deliberately try and upset an outsider to the family who is about to endure similar to what she suffered herself , because she knows what it feels like.

That said...she's always been controversial in her outspokenness, and much of the media still hold it against her that her father was a member of the Nazi party in the 1930's

There's more here....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Michael_of_Kent

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders ...having been watching the Crown ..if you have how much of the program is true?

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I just finished watching season 2 last week....love it. I was always fact checking things.

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Sorry I haven't been watching it... the truth is I'm a Historian and a Royalist ...although not a Monarchist... and with all historical drama they always get certain parts very wrong according to History.. and of course as soon as that happens, I can no longer believe in it.. so I chose not to watch the Crown.. so I can't tell you from personal experience, but I'm told it's quite factual although as I suspected there are parts which are not true, such as the Queen asking her uncle ( Louise MountBatten) for advice , she never would have done that...he was Philips's confidant and uncle, and ultimately prince Charles's de facto father, but also the Queen Mother's adversary, ... also Matt smith couldn't be less like prince Philip so I couldn't possibly take him seriously..

So I can't answer your question lol

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

I doubt it was deliberate to wear the brooch, just a shame that she did because of the publicity that ensued and,
    the fact that its yuk

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

I also doubt she wore it deliberately, and today the papers are full of her making sincere apologies, saying it was a gift and that she'd worn it on many occasions...

However, I'm afraid that if the members of the existing royal family feel they are going to be criticised and accused of racism due to what they wear or how they're perceived to be acting ... then meghan Markel is not going to be given the most warm welcome within the extended family.. and she may find herself pushed out in the sidelines along with her prince .

14. Patsy Faye

Registered

I also doubt that Meghan made a dim comment about the brooch

15. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered