Prince Harry & Meghan

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree. I think it's more likely that she is bitterly jealous of Kate, the future QUEEN.

Patsy Faye, Tom Galty and Bess Barber like this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

She may have a reason to be jealous of Kate. Kate is perfect in every way. Perfect looks, perfect comportment, perfect children, totally adored by the royal family and the public. I'm sure Meghan felt that she was being constantly compared to Kate's perfection and found lacking.

I don't mean this as a put down for Kate. She really is perfect for the role she will play.

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

Truthfully, until I watched the Netflix series, The Crown, I really had no understanding of the important role the monarchy plays in the UK. For someone to come along, marry into it and then risk destroying it out of selfishness, is unthinkable. Her total lack of respect smacks with pride. If she thinks she is going to rejuvenate her career....she is wrong. Apparently, she has no idea most Americans love the monarchy, perhaps more than the UK does, because it's not costing us millions. :D We are prone to hold grudges and people won't forget what she did. Once she isn't a novelty selling off pathetic tear filled interviews, she will just be another out of work actress.

Patsy Faye and Beth Gallagher like this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

As I ponder things I have no knowledge of (which doesn't keep me from blabbering on), I admit that I don't understand the succession to the Throne. As I understand it, the succession after Queen Elizabeth is Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Louis, then Harry and Archie. What I don't understand is this... why aren't Queen Elizabeth's other children in line before grandson William, and why isn't Harry in line before William's children?

I can see how the succession goes, but I can't figure out the "why" of it. Also, if Harry is stripped of his title, does he lose his place in line, and therefore Archie's? Google time. :D

5. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

Its passed down to the child of the first born to a Monarch.

At one time if the first born was Female that did not count(Think its been changed) and went to the male unless there was no male born as in the case of are Queen.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Yep, William will be King and his son George, next in line, if William had no children then Harry would follow William :eek:
    I knew things were going downhill certainly in my feelings for Meghan, when Harry split with William - they were so close
    that Will and Kate took Harry under their wing and included him in everything they did, he really was 'their' family.
    So, if I were Meghan I would have encouraged Harry to stay by William's side and enjoy that family unit. But no, she
    encouraged the opposite. Really concerned at what they will do next :(

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ugh - can you imagine if they took over ….
    If he wants to go elsewhere in life - he can't have both - his choice

8. Milla Jonas

Milla Jonas Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wondering if there will be lots of photos taken of Harry alone with Meghan no where is site

Lots of reports around that they have actually split up ..however we all are fully aware of stories used to sell magazines / newspapers ..time will tell

9. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep, there will be a lot of rubbish written such as them divorcing etc - if that was the case, Harry would stay where he
    is, with 'family'

10. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Lots of rampant speculation here, but we actually know little if anything about what has been going on between Harry and family behind the scenes. He and Meghan I am sure are tired of being under the microscope by the media and the public, and would just like to live a normal life. While being a royal has its perks, it's more like being a prisoner serving a life sentence to me unless you prefer that life. I hope they get their "normal" life and I would like to run into them at Walmart some day.

Monica Rich likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ha ha - never gonna happen, Meghan in Walmart ? No ………….

Yes, being a Royal means scrutiny by the Press but M & H would know that :rolleyes:
    They wanted their perks first - then leave

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

It's been a rough year for the Queen, and I have seen speculation that this latest mini-drama is to draw the fire from her favorite, Andrew. Hmmmmm.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Beth Gallagher - looks like they have got what they wanted
    I would say because the Queen just wants some peace - they keep their title too !

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

From what I know of QEII, she is a tough-minded monarch so I'm sure she isn't happy with this situation. That said, I wonder what financial decisions will be made in Harry's attempt to be "financially independent" and how much it will cost the UK for them to have residences in two countries...traveling back and forth in jets in support of climate change. :rolleyes: (Oh, the irony.) Frankly, I'm glad they chose Canada and not the USA for their second home. (Not that we'll get a break from their "news" stories anyway.)

15. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yea, the financial side of things will take another couple of days but I know the public will not be happy to support them
    So the Queen needs that extra time to get it right :p