President Trump's State Of The Union Address

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joe Riley, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Okay, never mind, it makes sense now. The reason was because @Joe Riley posted the 2019 SOTU address, and that is why she was dressed differently than in this one from 2020.
    Problem solved ! (Why did you do that ,Joe ? ? ? )

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    Joe Riley and Teresa Levitt like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Trump's entire 2020 State of the Union address

@Yvonne Smith I don't know how I did that. I was confused, by the years. I originally googled the 2020 address, then thinking he was reporting on the past year, changed it to 2019. In my haste, I missed the ball. Forgive the confusion. I now recognized her necklace, from last year. :oops::confused:o_O:( Can you replace the video in post #1 with the 2020 one?;)

Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
  3. Yvonne Smith

I can replace it, @Joe Riley , but actually (once I figured out what had happened, I was really glad that you had posted that one in the thread, because it was an awesome SOTU also, and there were a lot of things from last year that I had forgotten, or just not seen.

One of the things that really struck me, was that President Trump had many of the same goals for this country last year as he had for this year. They are all things that would be greatly beneficial to the people of this country, and the reason we don't already have them, is simply because of all of the sidetracking that went on by Congress.

Instead of taking care of business that would have moved this country forward, and helped our nation to prosper, we spent a whole year of wasted time and huge amounts of money, while the liberals in Congress (of both parties) argued and did everything to thwart anything that President Trump was trying to do for America.
    So, now, he is still waiting for Congress to do their part on passing these important bills.

Bess Barber and Joe Riley like this.
  4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Bill Clinton was impeached 21 years ago and he was able to serve out his term as President.

Donald Trump was impeached and he will be able to serve out his term as President.

So what effect does impeachment have on a sitting President?

Nothing.

H.P.

Bess Barber likes this.
  5. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

I think in this case There will be more people supporting him after the election this year.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Just leave it as it is, since it is marked 2019. You are right that both are excellent SOTU Addresses. Thanks, Yvonne, I will try to be more careful, in my old age, in the future.:rolleyes:;)

7. Yvonne Smith

The last part of the SOTU address, with pictures. Awesome, simply awesome !

8. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

Joe Riley likes this.