President Trump's State Of The Union Address

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Joe Riley, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

That was the first one I've watched all the way to the end. The Tuskegee general looked amazing for 100 years old. I don't think Rush had any idea what was happening. I don't remember what the President had been saying but they were panning the Dems and several of the white dress ladies stood holding 4 fingers up.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, as I told my wife, who was watching the SOTU also, "it appears more like a campaign speech, than anything else." But, after a few sips of Bud Light and a small shot of Jose' Cuervo Tequila, I changed my mind and thought his SOTU was fairly good. Still sounded more like a campaign speech, but, I understood more of what he was saying.

I just don't see America nearly as "happy go lucky" as he states it is.

Bess Barber likes this.
  4. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh SOTUs are almost always campaign type of speeches to tout accomplishments of President or his party.

5. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

It did appear like a campaign speech and the best part was that the liberal media could not cherry pick what America heard and it was absolutely free to his reelection campaign. It will be interesting to see polling numbers after the speech because he made a lot of points with African-American voters in regards to prison reform, school choice and of course the Tuskegee Airman. The Hispanic man whose brother was killed by a released illegal in sanctuary California I'm sure did not go unnoticed by other Hispanics as well.

6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought it was a great speach. He covered most if not all his bases, made a strong pitch to the black voters. It was a very good speech.

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I read that what they were doing was holding up 3 fingers, because they have a Democrat-sponsored bill in the house called “HR3”, and I think that it is to do with keeping Obamacare instead of the upgrade that President Trump is going for.

Nancy Hart, Bess Barber and Joe Riley like this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

I just spent the last part of this afternoon watching the SOTU speech, and I have to say, it brought me to tears, watching the American heroes that were spotlighted on the program.
    It was a lot different than what I expected to be watching.
    I wanted to watch the whole thing to see what Pelosi did during the speech, and try to see what was so objectionable that made her literally tear it up in from of all of us on live television, with people watching worldwide.
    When I saw President Trump talking about the war heroes, the little girl with cancer, the holocaust survivor (sitting next to one of the soldiers who came to rescue him), the family that was so thrilled to see their father come home again, and the lady who was pardoned from prison, I realized that this was not about a president making a speech, it was a President doing his best to honor true American heroes, and to honor America.
    Even if a person hated President Trump, how could you hate these Americans , and how could anyone see this and not be moved by it, and even more, to tear it up like she did ?
    It is well worth taking the time to sit and watch the whole thing !

9. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I watched most of it on YouTube this morning. I was so annoyed at Nancy Pelosi's complete rudeness, until it was just hard to watch. She has such a sour fish face.

Martin Alonzo and Teresa Levitt like this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Her face matches her disposition. :D

I think a fish would resent you saying she has a fish face. :D

I think it was a good speech but I do wish he had left out the part about Rush Limbaugh. I can't see where he has done anything to deserve the Medal of Freedom.

Beth Gallagher and Bess Barber like this.
  11. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Shirley Martin
    I'm not a big fan of Rush Limbaugh. I used to have a boss who listened to him or I wouldn't even know who he was. I suspect Trump chose to honor him more out of knowing how much it would piss off the liberals. I'm quite sure they absolutely hate Limbaugh who has been going after them for decades.
    Trump saying how many people listened to him nationwide was even a bigger slap in the face.

12. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I still think it would have been better to do it separate from the SOTU address, it he was going to do it at all.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  13. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Rush has been a friend and advisor of President Trump since before he even ran. I remember Rush saying that when playing golf with Trump, Trump would grill him about political matters seemingly in preparation for a run. I believe that connection has been going on behind the scenes for the last 3 years and a lot of what we have seen happening is a product of that. My opinion.

Joe Riley and Teresa Levitt like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That may be true, but it doesn't justify the Medal of Freedom award. Of course, Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, so there's that. :D

15. Yvonne Smith

Okay Guys........ I have this puzzle and I need some input !
    First, scroll up to the top of this thread and look at the link that @Joe Riley posted of Trumps SOTU speech. You will see that Nancy Pelosi has on the white jacket and a white blouse underneath it .
    Now, look at this picture taken when President Trump was handing out the folders to Pelosi and VP Pence, and you can see that Pelosi has on a different shirt underneath, a dark blue one.
    If you look at the video clip from the end of the speech, you can see that she is wearing the blue top when she tears up the papers from the speech.

So, how can she have two different tops on, at exactly the same times ? In the long speech video, she wears the white one all of the way through to the end, but then has the blue one on to rip up the papers in that short video ?
    Even more.....in the white top, she is wearing the necklace, and in the blue top, she is not wearing it, she has different earrings, and even her hair is different.

Also, look at VP Pence’s tie.
    In the top picture, it is a dark vibrant blue, and in this bottom picture, it is almost a lighter grayish-blue. If it was just the tie, I would think it might be the color not coming through right, but not the color of Nancy’s blouse.

Something is not right , here, people .......

3B22D20D-1624-4F0D-B54E-A57A2EE3C9CB.jpeg F9B294AA-F0CD-4116-ABF7-A2875FF63789.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    Teresa Levitt likes this.