Prediction On The Us Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Corie Henson, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Here is an item that I came across - a financial institution predicting the outcome of the 2016 US presidential election. But before that, let me mention our own seer named Danny who had predicted a win for Fernando Poe, Jr. in the 2004 Philippine presidential elections. Well, Gloria Arroyo won that one. For the recent election, Danny predicted Grace Poe to be the next president. And again, he failed because Rodrigo Duterte is now the president and Grace landed only 3rd in the tally board.

For the US, one of the world’s most well-known financial institutions which correctly predicted every presidential election since 1980 is predicting a win for Hillary Clinton. Moody’s Analytics, a subsidiary of credit ratings agency Moody’s, believes President Obama’s strong approval ratings will give the Democratic nominee a significant advantage come November.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/22/m...-since-1980-gives-2016-verdict/#ixzz4Fa1ujQI8

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

According to Gallup, Obama's approval rating is 49%, which is far higher than I could imagine it being, given that I have a hard time believing that nearly half of Americans think he's doing a good job. However, the average approval rating for US presidents since Gallup has been conducting its polling is 53%. Clinton's approval rating was 58% and he was impeached. The lowest approval rating of an American president was Harry Truman, at 29%, who was elected at the end of World War II, and had to contend with the transition from a wartime economy to a peacetime economy. Given the huge amounts of money the United States had spent conducting the war, he was intent on decreasing government expenditures as quickly as possible, demobilizing the massive military that had been built up, releasing soldiers into a private workforce that didn’t have any jobs for them.

Yvonne Smith and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Even though I feel neither candidate has the character to be president, I believe you are probably correct. Unfortunately, Hillary will be voted in.

4. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

Based on popularity, as in most big Hollywood celebrities are endorsing. Awhile ago, I saw Meryl Streep endorsing Clinton. I guess by popularity, it will be Clinton. Trump has a big rift among many big Hollywood celebrities and the only celebrity I saw who goes all the way with Mr. Trump was Scott Baio(who's he? I know he was a former teen bopper then, I just dont know now :p) But were still months before the election, there still can be changes somehow.;)

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I also find it hard to believe that 49% of Americans actually like Obama, and even the ones that do like him are not helped at all by most of his policies, they just believe they are.
    Propaganda is ever effective.
    I still think that Hillary is not in good health at all, and if she wins, we will probably have Kaine running the country instead. Or someone else besides Hillary, even if she remains as a figurehead.
    Maybe she will take up golfing ?

I remember all of the voting scandals we have had in times past, with all kinds of dead people "voting" for the Democratic candidate, especially for Obama.
    I expect we will have more of that, as well as paid-for voting from the illegal aliens (now called immigrants) since they are trying to make it so a peron does not even need any ID to be able to register to vote.
    I believe that f Hillary does win, it will be by some sort of underhanded procedures, just like she stole the Democratic nomination from Bernie Sanders.
    Just as likely,, in my mind, is the possibility that Obama will declare martial law and remain in the Oval Office.

6. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

seems to be a unity problem for the dems