Pray For Lots Of Rain..

Discussion in 'Weather & Natural Disasters' started by Denise Evans, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

It's good to see you too Denise. Keep posting.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

We have restrictions already on water use.....what I dont understand is why..especially in California where the whole coast is water...why cant we have a desalination plant and be able to use some of the ocean?

Is it better to let everything die and that will include most of the fruit and vegetables as CA. provides for most of the US.

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi everyone, sorry about all the areas that are having droughts. Texas has been floating quite a bit this year, but we had five years of drought before. When was the last time California didn't have a water shortage?

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

...forget the part about Jack and Jill...it's already written!

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ive lived here 11 years and it seems every winter it rained less and less. The last couple have been the worst.

Driving to my daughter's I pass a huge reservoir and it is really down. The lowest Ive ever seen it.

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

It's so crazy that some places have no rain, and we have an overabundance. Thankfully, I think a lot less were affected/killed this go round than the last few, but it would still be great if we could redirect some of the rain out west.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Here in the north coast of the Dominican Republic we have had a serious drought . We have had a little rain off and on it the last few weeks but there is still not enough water for the river you can still cross without getting your feet wet. We still need lot of rain.

As far as praying for rain my father would say these people have no faith because when they go and pray for rain none take an umbrella.

8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Martin Alonzo , I do wish we Texans could pipe some of our rain to you. We've had so much, that everytime it rains, we have flooded streets and homes. The insurance companies are having a fine time with us. My flood in surance alone is almost $1,000. We had a drought for more than five years, but did our premiums go down at all? NO!