Power Boating Anyone?

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Could take the battery to an auto parts store, that sells marine batteries, and give to them.
    When we buy new one, we give them old one. Otherwise, we'd have to pay a higher cost for new one.
    Solar Panel, don't know.

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Thanks @Cody Fousnaugh , I do know that marine type batteries cost a bit. Maybe I can find someone who could use it. The battery isn't a year old yet, and there is bound to be a boater in my area, so maybe I'll put up a sign, and give it too someone.

My husband use to say, "You never know unless you ask." And, "It never hurts to ask."

Thanks again Cody.

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Wow, did I luck out. The repairman will be able to reattach my gate to it's column, and fix the solar panel and battery back into place. All for $250. Yay!!!

What a difference having a male around makes. I asked Bobert to act like it is his place, and he asked a few pertinent questions, and here I am paying much less than the last three repair jobs cost me. From past experiences with the gate receiving less damage, I was expecting the cost to be well over $1000., so I was going to have it put back to a manual gate.

Here I was trying to convince myself that having an automatic gate opener wasn't that much of a big deal. But not having to get out in the rain or heat to open and close a double wide gate has been a huge convenience to me. :)

Yvonne Smith and Ken Anderson like this.