Posting About The Wuhan Virus, Covid-19, Communist Chinese Virus, Etc.

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

When you feel the need to start a thread about the virus, please consider whether it might not fit into one of the threads that are already going here and, with few exceptions, make sure it's in the Viruses sub-forum.

Frankly, I doubt that I'll ever be sick from the virus but I am sick of it. There are several talk shows that I used to listen to regularly that I turn off now because it's bad enough that the news drones on and on about it 24/7, mostly repeating the same lies as if they were facts, but every talk show is about nothing but COVID-19 now, and I really don't want the forum to be a place that I feel like avoiding too.

I understand that some of you are scared. You're supposed to be. That's why they are talking about nothing else. That's why the numbers are deliberately skewed so that they can repeat them over and over, hoping that everyone keeps believing them.

Of course, the number of people infected is going to go up. As more people are tested, more people are going to be found to be positive. That's assuming they're even telling the truth about that, which I don't. That doesn't mean that it's spreading, but you're supposed to believe that it is. Scared people are easily controlled.

One problem they had was that as more people were tested, the death ratios were going down since most of these people weren't even sick. That problem was solved by reporting deaths from many other causes as COVID-19 deaths. Consequently, deaths from pneumonia, COPD, and the flu have gone down in the United States, not because people have suddenly been cured of COPD or because people are no longer getting pneumonia or the flu, but because COVID-19 is reported as the cause of death.

Be good citizens and believe what you're told by the media if you must, but please, let's talk about something else, too, and don't turn every topic into more of the same.

Yvonne Smith likes this.