Pope Francis Says World Must Rule The United States For Their Own Good

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Babs Hunt, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

That's your opinion. Mine says there is only one Truth and anyone can know that truth if they want to.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

And that’s your opinion.

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yet even if that happened you still would not believe the Pope said that. :)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes it is and that is exactly what I said.

And you know I love you....but I also know this is one subject we are never going to agree on...so let's just respect each other's opinions that differ....and not let it affect the nice relationship you and I have come to have. Okay?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Most of Christianity is based on Catholicism, what C.S. Lewis referred to as "Mere Christianity", and the Catholic Church began BEFORE the Bible (New Testament) was codified, so it couldn't have been based on the Book. That is why the Nicene Creed was written. Jerome compiled the Vulgate (Latin) Bible, which was accepted through much of the Middle Ages, until the Renaissance translators decided to return to original sources instead of relying on the Septuagint as Jerome had done. Later translators removed what is know as the Apocrypha in Protestant circles, but many Protestant Bibles have now re-included those books as a separate entity.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

When Jesus started His church on earth...it was not the catholic church that he started @Don Alaska. And I did not put up this News Article to start a debate about the catholic church, etc. So I will say no more about this other than that I stick by the News article that the Pope said the US needs to be under the rule of a One World Government.

Any further discussion on religion probably needs to go under that section of the Forum.

7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt @Chrissy Cross
    Settle down you two....the devil making y'all sound fussy. ;)
    Interpretation is the key to complete understanding....to which I have never understood:p:D

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Not to worry Gloria....Chrissy and I always get a little excited when it comes to our differing faith views....but we respectfully get excited with each other now that we have had time to get to know each other and found out how many other areas we do see eye to eye on. :)

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I see that Chrissy has put herself as “on vacation”; so I think that she was a lot more hurt by an attack on her preferred religion than you might have guessed, Babs.
    Our religious beliefs are pretty deeply held, and often defended; so it is a very sensitive area for most people, and our Chrissy is an extra-sensitive person.
    Hopefully, she will come back again soon !

Bobby Cole likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I’m not angry with anyone but I am taking a break...

I don’t like Catholics being referred to as the religion that spawns the AntiChrist.

I may not be a good catholic but my daughter and grandsons are...the younger one will be making his confirmation this year.

We went to Christmas mass also.

Ive been on here too much lately....Have things to do that I’ve neglected.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree with you about this, @Chrissy Cross , and I think that it is a rude thing to refer to anyone's religious beliefs in a defamatory manner; but sadly, that seems to happen a lot, and it has always been this way.
    I can remember when I was growing up, and I used to go with our neighbors to the Assembly of God church down the road, and I always hated their “going to hell” and condemnation sermons.
    Even as a child it never made sense to me how anyone was supposed to believe there was a loving God who cared about people if all the pastor talked about was how we were going to go to hell.
    Then, after I got older, I started going to the Mormon Church, and they also preached that they were the “only true church”, and they believed that none of the other people would go to the very top heaven where the Mormons went.
    To get to that church, I walked past where the Pentecostal churches were, and they would scold me and say I was condemned because I no longer went to their church.

To me, I think that God looks at each person’s heart, and not what church they do (or don’t) go to, and .... for what it’s worth..... I don’t think that the Catholic Church is the antichrist.
    And, even if the rulership of the church did turn out to be that, I do not think that God would condemn anyone who was a Catholic, just because they were of that religion.

Don Alaska and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Okay, let’s do this another way if you will.

There are a whole lot of people who want the world to be a “one world government”. Every ruler who tried to conquer the world wanted it and there are several religious leaders today who like the idea.

BIG NOTE: Just because someone wants us to be included in a “one world government” does not make it so and doesn’t make that person the anti-Christ. Yes, the Pope has admonished the U.S. on a few occasions and on 2 different occasions has brought up the idea of a singular government with a singular religion but that doesn’t mean that he’s going to get his wishes nor does it make him the anti-Christ.

On the near opposite side, George Soros is head over heels in love with the idea and has been pushing it for some time but nope, it’s not him either even though he is an ATHEIST, which does indeed make him an anti-Christ of sorts....just not THAT anti-Christ.

When the anti-Christ makes his move, the chances are that we will not even realize it until it’s nearly too late.
    The Bible indicates that he will be loved by the world and the world will believe him to BE the Christ and the world will come together as one and in peace.
    Look around folks! I do not see anyone loving any single person that much in this entire world and truthfully, I see no one springing up out of the present fodder looking like he’s even remotely close to being a bringer of world peace.

Bottom line, the Pope is a man. A man with ideas and visions and let’s hope he is inspired by God but he ain’t the anti-Christ no matter how much he plays with the idea of a one world government and world peace.

13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

It may just be a misunderstanding. The term "New World Order" has been demonized. I believe the new term for this is "weaponized."

I've noticed if someone explains some of their ideas about global solutions to problems, just by giving a few examples, it often makes sense to most people. But as soon as someone labels it as that phrase, it becomes a bad thing. :eek:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Bobby Cole and Bill Boggs like this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If we can't discuss the things that are important to us without someone getting offended just because we have a different opinion on the subject then I will say good-bye to everyone now and for good.

I was raised in the Catholic Church, taught Cathechism, (church doctrine) and have studied the Catholic Church and what they really believe for much of my life. I still have many family members who are Catholic....and I love them dearly.

Chrissy admits she does not even participate in "her" Catholic faith, nor does she keep up with what is going on in this religion. Yet even so she decides to come on a thread and give a bias opinion that has nothing to back up any truth in it.

I don't want to come on this Forum and feel I can't talk about the things that are important to me too. But that's what keeps happening.

We are all adults here and there is no reason why we can differ in our opinions while still respecting those differences.

Faith and Family are very important to me and I don't want to feel I can not speak on any of these subjects without offending someone. So as much as I have enjoyed this Forum in lots of ways....I'm tired of offense being taken where none is intended,

I won't be back....but I do wish all of you the best.

15. Lulu Moppet

Lulu Moppet Veteran Member
    Registered

While I'm not a religious person per se, I really enjoy and learn from you Babs. There is nothing wrong in changing your mind. I hope you will reconsider.

As for (((Chrissy)))--------xoxoxo

Bobby Cole likes this.