Poodles Believe They Are Actually People

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of my most favorite dog breeds is the Poodle. I have never had a full-size poodle; but have always thought that I would love to have one.
    Next to the Border Collie, Poodles are considered the very smartest dog. My Chipper is half Poodle, and he understands just about everything I say, and even most of what I am thinking.
    His mother, Peaches, was a little chubby cream colored Toy Poodle that looked like a little lamb or miniature sheep. She had very short legs, and they had clipped her tail way too short, so it barely showed up on the end of her tubby little body.

She was extremely intelligent, and would try hard to talk to me. She would come and sit my my office door, and say to me "Waaa-waaa". I would ignore her, and she would then scrape on the side of the door very gently, and say those same words again.
    Finally, she would cock her little head sideways as if to say, "what in the world is the matter with these people that they can't understand plain English ? "
    Of course then I would ask if she wanted to have a drink of water, and she would spin in circles and dash off to the kitchen for her drink.
    Here is a cute little video of two Poodles who are also having a good time, and probably think that they are actually Fuzzy Kids.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

OOOh i sooo agree with you Yvonne...we have 3 labradoodles out of 7 grandfurkids...and they are the most intelligent dogs..the littlest one (miniature is only 10 inches high and more of a poodle than Labrador..) unlike the 2 much larger ones , and he is just the most intelligent dog ..he really does think he's human''..the look on his face is a picture when the other dogs are running for the ball or throwing themselves with grat delight into the lagoon, and he stands and watches with a look on his face as if to say ''idiot dogs'' lol...

here he is 'going shopping'... much more interesting for him than running for a ball... :D

[​IMG]

...and with his mummy asking if it's ok to do some chair acrobatics...:D

[​IMG]

here's the 3 labradoodles all together best of friends and with the most loving of natures..

The miniature and the white one (middle sized)...are the cleverest and have won loads of rosettes at trick and training classes...the eldest and biggest is far too laid back to be bothered. now..he's 9 years old..

[​IMG]

3. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

So adorable, all of them ...
    the two in the swings on that video don't look real. :)
    And such sweet babies Holly! ... that look on the one in the middle could make you melt.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

That's my Digger...he adores his granny...and when I stay over at my daughters and she lets' him out in the morning, he runs up to the guest cottage where I stay and sits outside the door patiently waiting for me to wake up and open up the front door.., and absolutely refuses to eat his breakfast (his fave meal of the day) until he gets to see his 'granny' first... :D

Chrissy Cross likes this.