Pomegranate Juice For Your Health

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Krissttina Isobe, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Have you heard of the health drink pomegranate juice? I went to Safeway this week for their pomegranate tea drink and it hadn't come in. I went to the juice section and saw a 32 oz. pomegranate juice for just 3.50 on sale. This site has 11 great things pomegranate juice does for you from anti cancer to keeping your brain healthy. We need to have much healthy foods and drinks for life. I love pomegranate juice! [​IMG]
    image from wikimedia.org https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/...t_Press_Office_(GPO)_-_Pomegranate_Fruits.jpg.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I love pomegranates but eating them in a pain in the butt. The amount of work involved, as well as the expense of pomegranates, is prohibitive.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  3. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Best Way To De-Seed a Pomegranate
    I've tried the dry method and it works really well. The other way, with water, looks even better.

Under Water Method:

Dry Method:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
  4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

When you buy Pomegranate Juice be sure to check out the ingredients. Look for pomegranate to be the ONLY ingredient. So many companies add other juices to it. I think it's apple juice they add.

5. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

@Lara Moss That's such an important thing with buying all juices. Unfortunately in South Africa there are very few juices available that don't have other ingredients added unless they're bought from a shop that squeezes them on the premises. I doubt I could find pure Pomegranate juice anywhere.

6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Honestly, I have never tasted pomegranate yet even if they are sold in the supermarket's fruit stand. Much more with the juice, all I had was to look at them in the juicer. And why so? It is very expensive. A piece of pomegranate costs the equivalent of a kilo of seedless grapes. So instead of testing the fruit from India (that's what the tag said) I would always settle for grapes.

In fairness to pomegranate, I have been reading lots of articles about its nutritional contents that includes the usual tagline that it prevents cancer. Maybe I have to sample this pomegranate to end the mystery once and for all.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Our local supermarket has pure organic pomegranate juice, but it's not cheap. I've been taken in by not reading the labels before, particularly when they advertise something like POMEGRANATE JUICE -- 100% JUICE -- That doesn't necessarily mean that it's 100% pomegranate juice.

8. Michelle Stevens

Michelle Stevens Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't like it when they do that, but I've seen worse. Some of the juices in our supermarkets say that they're 100% juice, but when you check the small print they have preservatives in them. The trouble is that if I were to read the labels on everything properly, I'm not sure I'd ever be able to buy anything because there seems to be something undesirable lurking in almost all the foods in the supermarkets. Even the products at health shops sometimes contain things that aren't good for us, and they're horribly expensive.