Places That I Have Lived

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Lon Tanner, May 15, 2016.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

Paterson, New Jersey---Littleton, Colorado---- Oakland, California---Mountain View, California---San Francisco, California---Napa, California---Fresno, California---Christchurch, New Zealand, Motueka, New Zealand

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

You've lived mostly in California then...with a little sojourn to new Zealand...:D I think I remember you saying a long time back your wife was from New Zealand...am I right?

I've lived in the East coast of Scotland, the West Coast... and a couple of islands in Scotland ... several cities and towns in England....Frankfurt Germany,... Verona Northern Italy... Valletta Malta, Paralimin Cyprus ....... and 2 different areas in Southern Spain...

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes Holly, my second wife is a New Zealander we were married in 1992 and amicably divorced last year 2015

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

I remembered well then Ren... I thought you'd said that... :D any sign of a Jane fonda lookalike on the horizon lately? ;)

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Oh mine is boring by contrast, just various places in Pennsylvania and Virginia. I like both of them, but I think it would be fun to live in another state, at least for awhile. I would like to see what it is like to live in another geographic region. I am not sure I will get the chance to, but I will take it as long as it a geographically desirable location. It is just fun to be in other places.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  6. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Active Member
    Registered

I'm Asian, thus most of the places I've been with are in and around the far east side of Earth. :p Have stayed sometime in Kaohsiung,Taiwan, Bali in Indonesia and in Langkawi and Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia. And of course, my birthplace - Manila, Philippines.

Martin Alonzo and K E Gordon like this.
  7. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have long thought of teaching English in Asia, which is something I may have mentioned in a previous post, but it is hard to do when you own property and a house in this country, and have pets as well. I am not sure how that could be worked out...although I had a friend living here one time..who might have been a good solution...but I am extremely attached to my pets..and really don't think I could leave them for an extended period of time. I know you can take a cat to China in some programs..but unless until I can figure out some kind of solution..here I will stay!

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I took 2 cats to Hungary when we moved there for 6 years. It wasn't easy or cheap but it's doable. They need to be checked by a vet and have the proper papers, then it cost $150 per cat in 1997 to fly in the cargo hold. My older cat had to be tranquillized. Then in Hungary they had to be quarantined for a certain time...maybe a month but I'm not sure since we had connections and bypassed that.

We had a connection in Frankfurt and we barely made it. The baggage and cats didn't so they were going to be put on the next flight. I told my husband I was staying with the cats but he said if I do that I might as well stay in Franfurt forever. :)

So, later we had to go back to the airport and get our cats and baggage. What a trip that was!

By the time we came back to the US both cats had died. :(

9. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Well-Known Member
    Registered

Grew up in a military family and I spent 21 years in uniform, so have lived in quite a few places.
    Georgia, Florida, Nebraska, California, South Carolina, Hawaii, Colorado, Alaska.
    If I had to choose the 'best' , it would have to be the 4 years we lived in a small village in England.