Pillow Talk

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Yvonne Smith, May 10, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like an ideal pillowcase Chrissy :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It is! It's strange how much I love it, lol.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh I don't know ...................lovely to find something that suits you :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The bamboo pillows have shredded memory foam, @Patsy Faye , and that is much cooler than regular memory foam, because it is little popcorn-sized pieces of soft memory foam, and then there are air spaces in between the foam.
    Because it is in pieces, and not only a block of memory foam, you can push it into the shape that you want, and it also keeps pretty cool even with my head on it because of the airflow in the pillow.

Another one that they have is supposed to be even cooler, and that is the gel-pack memory foam pillow. I have requested one of these to try, and I will definitely be reporting on it here if I am able to get one from Review Trader.
    Here is a picture of the gel pillows, and you can see the kind of discount you get from Amazon Review trader on things like this.
    This one does not say that the memory foam is shredded; so it might be that the foam is one piece and then the gel top is to keep your head cool.
    IMG_0338.JPG

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Yvonne Smith - I'm a bit of an expert on bedding Yvonne, at least for me own needs
    I investigated the gel pillows and mattress toppers - they have mixed reviews (everyone's different)
    but from an expert report (not me :p) the gel is more of a gimmick than having real substance and not too sure
    regarding toxins in this stuff. If you are happy with your pillow, I would stay with that one
    I will definitely try a bamboo pillow case if I find one at a reasonable price, tried Tencil, tried Silk, so bamboo may
    be better :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I found a small sized memory foam pillow that I really like. It is an odd shape, sort of like a half moon or thick crescent shape, with just a little bit gone from the half moon.
    It is memory foam, but just the right thickness where it gives for my head, and is not as deep and thick as the shredded memory foam pillows are. This one is only about 2-3 inches thick, and is uniform in thickness.
    Because it curves inward at the bottom, it fits around my shoulders , and it is just very comfortable. I don't know how it will be next summer when it is hot again, but at least now it is just fine. A regular pillow case doesn't fit the size or shape; but it has a soft washable cover that came with it.

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

Over the years I've struggled to find the 'right' pillow. Cost me a pretty penny too because they
    promise me this will be 'the one'. Recently I found a good 'un, so comfy yet supportive, but the last
    few mornings I've woken in considerable pain as I do if the pillow isn't right for me. Ordered again
    from Amazon but need a solution for the coming nights.
    So, I asked Paul to shake that pillow hard to get the filling down, then we grabbed the neck and while he held it in place I tied a couple of knots to it, then safety pinned the knot ! What a sight it is - looks like a full garbage bag :p
    Hope it works till I get me replacement. Hope y'all have better luck finding the perfect pillow …..

Bill Boggs, Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Dang....pillows do make a big difference.I have bought various kinds over the years. We bought a Ghost bed last year- it came with pillows, they seem to work good with this bed. Happy hunting:)

Don Alaska, Patsy Faye and Bobby Cole like this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I have tried a lot of pillows, too, some of them very expensive. Some of them were too hard, some of them were too soft, some of them were too thin and some of them were too thick. The ones I like best, I buy from Dollar General for about $8.00. When they get flat, I throw them out and buy new ones.

10. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Too bad if pillows hamper pillow talk. Had the same problem about 20 years ago - with pillows. I was having cervical spine syndrome, lid fluttering and just couldn't sleep with a pillow that had a filling any more. Then I came across preformed neck support pillows which come in different sizes with ear cavities and head cavity. Have been using one of those ever since and have not had any sleeping or neck problems any more.

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Thomas Stearn - I know a lot of people that get on fine with these, can't use them, did try

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yep - the pillow I settled with, that now looks like a garbage bag, isn't cheap but I'm happy enough to get 2 months wear
    from it - they come in a pack of 2 so I always have a spare, but this time the spare was flat ! :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole and Thomas Stearn like this.
  13. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

I went through a bunch of pillows and finally got a latex one. It cost a lot, but never goes flat.

Thomas Stearn and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Patsy Faye

Registered

Can't use them either - its a right pain for me (in more ways than one) :p

15. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I know. Have heard the same from a couple of people that they can't use them.

Patsy Faye likes this.