Pigs As Pets?

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Ann George, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry but having a pig around as a pet in our house would be a bit hypocritical.
    I like pork, ham, ham hocks, spare ribs and riblets, fatback, bacon, and even hog head cheese but I definitely do not wish to have the live compilation of said products with a name like Pinkie or Porky walking around staring at me.
    "Pinkie" belongs in a 4 qt. pot with beans, on the grill, in the oven, in a skillet, between two slices of whole grain bread, and always eventually on a plate or a bowl, none of which calls for a litter box or adorning the lawn with pinkie poop.

If my wife suddenly has a great urge to have an unusual type of pet that I would not automatically think of steak or ribs, then perchance I might dig a very large hole in the back yard and fill it with water and get a hippopotamus and train it to poop in the empty lot behind the house and next to a neighbor I really do not care for.
    Besides, I hear that a hippopotamus is a much better guard over the household than a pig called pinkie.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_1613.JPG

I don't think anybody will be stealing your tools anymore!!

Bobby Cole likes this.