Physical Changes As We Age

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Lon Tanner, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, what @Beth Gallagher and @Gloria Mitchell said.
    PLUS......you’d never know if the guy from the Publisher’s Clearing House knocked on your door with a few million bucks.

Seriously though, we’re never too old or beat up to give some wisdom to those who are younger and never too old and beat up to help someone even more beat up than ourselves. We all have a mission in life and believe it or not, today can be the start of yours because if anything else, you can still dream, you can still talk and you can still write. (and very well I might add)

2. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

Nag, nag, nag. Okay, I'll stay alive a little longer. Satisfied? Sheesh.

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

uhhhh......I take it you didn’t read the rules here.
    Okay, here’s how it goes. To paraphrase, since we Know we have unexpectedly lost 3 beloved members and think there might be one or two more in the past 4+ years, now, you must first notify the administrator at least 180 days in advance of your expected day so your scheduled event can be reviewed by the board of greeters.
    Once the greeters have met and barring any errors in the paperwork, they will determine the best method in which your request can be accommodated and send their recommendations back to the administrator for final processing,. Final processing includes (1) a vote from the existing membership and (2) a vote from whichever guests are on board at the time and (3) a vote from the bots.

After the final vote, you will be sent a yea or nay edict by the Administrator via the USPS no earlier than 7 days and no later than 6 years.
    Note: If for any reason your physical appearance or physical well being has changed from the date of notification to the date of Final processing, your request may be denied.

Best course of action if such an event occurs. You can appeal the verdict at any time between 2:00 PM and 3:00 PM Australian time.
    But if all else fails, grow old gracefully. There’s no rush.

4. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

You probably think all that bureaucratic lunacy discourages me.Bring it on. I'll appeal at exactly.2:01 PM and love it.

5. Mary Miller

Mary Miller Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We atrophy by inaction. I was surprised at how much I lost by sitting after a hip replacement and then back problems. I found that I could get a lot back by pushing myself to do certain exercises or different activities that would build some muscle. I got to the point of atrophy that I could not put a stack of dishes up on the shelf or climb a ladder. But I started small with just a couple of plates or lifting my legs when I walked to start to rebuild and went up from there. I have a stationary bike and a ski machine. My friends swim. I hate getting wet.
    When I went to load a bag of feed for the first time back, I could not do it. And the surprising thing is that it is the stomach muscles I need the most. I could lift my lawn tractor out of the ditch before the surgery. I only have one good leg, after, but I might be able to do it now, with strategy.
    Rebuild slowly but steadily to achieve what you want, or close to it.

6. Joan Kuper

Joan Kuper Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

LOL what a great reply..I literally did laugh out loud so TY
    ...looking for a good laughing smilie but didn't find one...

Patsy Faye and Dwight Ward like this.
  7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Same here ! :p

Joan Kuper likes this.
  8. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

The attached picture is eight years old and was taken on the island of Aitutaki in the Cook Islands, So Pacific.
    Never in my wildest dreams did I think th AITUTAKI.JPG at in eight years I would be living in Assisted Living.