Photo Cookbooks

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Krystal Shay, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I guess one of my hobbies began when I got my first digital camera, so many years ago. I really didn’t know what I would use it for to warrant having it. So one day I made a colorful pasta salad and decided to take a picture of it just for the heck of it. How pretty, I thought! Then it came to me in that light bulb moment.... I liked to cook and bake so why not make myself a picturesque cookbook. I opened up my recipe box and started to make all my recipes, overtime. Since all my recipes were on index cards, I had to retype them into Word, and then I could insert a picture(s) in to the recipes. And as time went on, I kept adding more recipes and photos to my collection. I have quite the recipe/photo cookbook collection; physical and digital that I have made for myself. My husband would always say, I don’t think that picture turned out to well---you might want to make that again. I was on to him! :D

2. Don Harper

Don Harper Member
    Registered

Great idea! This will be a cookbook that belongs to your family.

Marie Mallery and Krystal Shay like this.
  3. Krystal Shay

Krystal Shay Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

You would think so, lol. They always want me to make stuff for them. I offer the recipes, or to help them make things to help them learn. They tell me most of my recipes take too long, or is too much work, or has too many ingredients for them. :rolleyes: Cooking is a lost art, I'm afraid.

Marie Mallery likes this.