Phone's Battery Leaks

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Corie Henson, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

My smart phone wouldn't charge no matter what I do - I had removed the battery so many times and re-inserted but still wouldn't charge. And then I noticed that there is a wet portion in the battery. A leak. Yesterday, I bought a new battery that is already charged. Eureka, my phone was working again. However, last night when I came home and had to charge the phone because it is already on lowbatt, it wouldn't charge.

So it seems that it's not only the leaking battery that is the problem. Or maybe the leaking fluid had ruined the motherboard of my phone.

2. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

That happens they have a little trick here if the battery is acting up they take it out put it on a flat surface and try to spin it.If it does spin the battery is bad. Bad batteries usually get a little fat and that is why they will spin

3. Corie Henson

Registered

We are now considering to buy a new phone. My faulty Samsung had broken down some few months back due to a bloated battery that the tech said was caused by overcharging. The battery overheated hence it bloated. And the bloating had affected the motherboard so I was charged $30 for everything - motherboard repair plus new battery. And not it seems that my Samsung would go that way again so it made us think of a better option and that is to buy a new phone.

I am considering another Samsung or maybe Sony. It depends on our evaluation of the price vis-a-vis the functions.

4. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I dropped my Apple iPhone5 in water and it died. I didn't want to pay the $400 to replace it. It was recommended to me to get a Microsoft Lumina 640 for $80. I've had it for 4 months now and I see no difference between this and the iPhone5. I purchased a case for $30 because my iPhone case wouldn't fit it…close but no. I'm very happy with it.

5. Corie Henson

Registered

I had bought another Samsung to replace my Samsung S3 which costs 25,000 pesos 3 years ago. This new one is Samsung J7, a larger model and obviously have more advanced functions that costs me only 13,000 pesos. Truly, phones are getting cheaper and I'm glad that I was able to buy at less than 20,000 pesos. That 13,000 pesos is about $300. By the way, the old Samsung is still working and the only problem is that it cannot charge the battery by itself. So I bought a battery charger and it looks good. Now I have 2 phones in effect.