Petition To Allow Guns At Republican National Convention

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    Diane Lane and Lara Moss like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.krem.com/news/local/nort...signs-concealed-carry-bill-into-law/103468335

And now the Govenor of Idaho signs into law a no permit (and no safety training) needed concealed weapon bill. From what I'm reading there are other States allowing this too. The only problem with all of this including guns at the Republican Convention is that these "laws" allow the bad and evil to carry all those "concealed" guns "legally" too.

I guess I am going to have to reconsider whether we need a gun...or not now.

3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

With most people caring guns it would be suicide to shoot another person and if you’re a person who plans on dyeing you do not need a gun [suicide bombers]. If everyone has guns or no one has guns it is an even playing field.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The way the world is today all it takes is hearing a gun go off...and then there will be chaos because a lot of others guns will go off and no one will know where it all began. The end result will not be good.

I'm all for our Constitutional rights to bear arms...but the problem is there doesn't seem to be much common sense anymore....and that can be a big problem when guns are involved.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I asked my wife about the National Party conventions, after reading about this allowing guns thing. Are not all attendees invited guests, and not public at large folks? If all who are invited are obviously well-known persons, how could an unsavory get in there to wreak havoc? So, why are guns needed, at all? I am dead (no pun) certain there will be PLENTY of well-armed security people present, no? Frank

Lara Moss and Sheldon Scott like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

7. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

NO,NO, the bad and evil, if they've ever been convicted of a crime or judged to be mentally incompetent cannot "legally" carry or posses a gun.

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

First they have to be convicted of a crime or found mentally incompetent for it to mean they can't possess or carry a gun "legally"....until that time they will be possessing and carrying those guns UNTIL they are commit a crime or are found to be mentally incompetent and that gives them a lot of time to hurt or kill many innocent people.

Our Fore Fathers, etc. all had guns back then...but "back then" their guns were just as necessary to their lives as water is for our bodies. They were not only used for protection, but for their food supply, wild animals (both of the animal and human species). Now days the "bad guys" have more guns than the "good guys" and this is of great concern to me. And it's not always possible to tell the good guys from the bad guys now days either. While I believe in our Constitutional right to bear arms...I don't believe guns belong everywhere just because we have the right to have them.

The World is becoming an unsafe place...more so than it has ever been and I know we are going to need guns for protection. But how do we balance common sense and guns?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

That's true. But without being able to carry a gun legally those with criminal intent carry them illegally.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish it was just those with criminal intent....we could probably start recognizing those a lot easier if that were all it was. But how can you tell those who are mentally incompetent, or those who have no common sense, or those who think the World is just one big target? We need laws...but now days to many "laws" have ended up giving the criminals more rights than the innocent.

I don't believe guns belong everywhere...even though I do believe we do have the right to own them. And I really don't believe guns belong at the Republican Convention...except for those in Security.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  11. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

NO, NO, NO image.jpeg

12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw some speculation on Twitter when this was first mentioned, that perhaps the petition had been created by gun control fans who were hoping to throw a wrench into the convention by giving gun advocates a taste of their own medicine, in other words, making them as scared of the guns surrounding them as those who are anti-gun. I don't know if that's the case, but it wouldn't have surprised me, since that type of person often tries to muddy the waters with excessive paperwork, lawsuits, etc.

By the way, this television commercial went through my head as I read this thread.

13. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, if the GOP are so pro guns as they claim than why not? This is there opportunity to prove it. But on a more serious note definitely not a good idea under any circumstances. I am not anti-guns but I also think there are certain places where guns shouldn't be allowed and this is one of them. As thing stand it doesn't look as if any candidate on that side will have the magic number of delegates to secure the nomination come the convention. It's already being rumored that if the decision is left up to the GOP at the convention the nomination of candidate may not go to front runner Donald Trump. In which case it may not be pretty, but than now that I think about it it could get ugly either way and I don't think guns should be allowed on the premises because of that reason. Maybe I am being an alarmist but that is just how I feel on the subject.

14. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I do not own a gun I did when I was younger. I have more fear of being in a gun free zone than in a zone where someone might have a gun.
    All mass shooting happen in gun free zones because the shooter does not want someone shooting back.

Frank Sanoica likes this.