People Who Bring Bad News

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Hedi Mitchell, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I have decided some people just like to spew worth bad news.
    Recently a good friend of mine called to tell me about the death of a woman I was very close to years ago. I get why she told me and appreciated knowing. However she kept trying to get me to look up the obit. She called again last night to see if I had looked it up. No..I told you I dont want to see this person how they left this world...I we would rather remember her as she was.
    Then another female person we have known forever called and dreadfully I answered. Why because as usual first thing out of her mouth...was all who have died and who was about to.Call me insensitive but I do not want to hear this all the time....thats what really old folk do:(
    Just hate it when people rain on my parade I guess.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with you, some people go on too much with the negative stuff
    You don't need that anyway right now - stay positive ! :)

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, guess I'm not 100% gone yet (LOL)

As for myself, it doesn't bother me to hear negative things, like local news or a death. But, then again, I've got both a positive and negative mind. Not always negative and definitely not always positive. I guess I call it being "realistic", but sure there are those that would totally disagree, but that's ok.

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

:DWhenever us old folks get together, the main topic is who has recently died and who might be next.

5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

A lot of people enjoy reading the obits now days...as many are basically the story of that person's life and the highlights of it too. And many people also use younger pictures in the obits too. If the deceased preplanned their funeral they often will pick the picture they want used, etc. Some have even written the obit they want used.

I'm more like you @Gloria Mitchell. I don't mind hearing the news of the death of someone I once knew...but I wouldn't want someone "pushing" me to dwell on every aspect of it.

Bobby Cole and Holly Saunders like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

oooh God....I hope I never get to that stage...lol

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

Yep that's how I describe myself @Cody Fousnaugh ...a realist. I'd prefer to be an optimist, and see things through rose coloured glasses... but life has taught me otherwise..

Maryt Hope and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I refuse to look for obits...unless I am looking for someone in particular.
    My grand parents use to do that and thought it dumb and waste of time even as a kid.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

In the first couple of weeks after this forum started out, there was a lady who liked to argue. She made a statement declaring that she liked to argue and that was that. Her day simply wasn't complete without a good fight with someone and it didn't really matter what the subject was, just as long as she could upset the apple cart.
    Obviously, she didn't last very long.

The point is, there are those who thrive on the negative and get some kind of hormonal thrill out of the angst of others when presented with something afoul.
    Reading the obits as if they are some sort of higher educational material and conveying all the bad news that they have heard whilst reaching for the antidepressants is not my way of living life.

I like to remain at an even keel. Never high for very long nor low. Balanced in other words, and since their seems to be such a plethora of negative people, it is a job just staying away from those who might possibly stand as a mill stone around my neck.
    But, after all is said, the positive side to that is that I am extremely well practiced at doing it!

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Unfortunately, Holly, I think we all get to that "older Senior" stage in our life. Sort of like the movie, Grumpy Old Men. Older Seniors can become "grumpier" due to health problems, family problems, financial problems, etc.. We can get the "grumpy" feeling when younger, but it seems to come out more with older Seniors.

One thing I have now, that I really didn't have that much of at a younger age, and not retired yet, was patience. I have much more patience today than I ever use to.......well, most of the time anyway.

Holly Saunders and Bobby Cole like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Bobby, you sure you haven't got a PhD in Psychology? This is a mighty nice reply.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

BS degree = Bull S______ degree.
    MS degree= More of the Same.
    PHD= Piled Higher and Deeper..........................

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

:D:D:D

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I hear you. Some people just really do like to bring bad news or gossip about anything they heard.

Years ago a woman I knew would say "loose lips sink ships" and it's the truth. I don't repeat things people say. Also I'm kind of nosy so as long as I know information, I don't need to repeat it.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Shirley Martin
    What, no talk of health issues? Such must happen first............
    Frank

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.