People, These Days

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Ha, I've walked out a time or two myself, @Ken Anderson. What bothered me in the scenario I posted yesterday was the woman took her time moving around, and refused to even push her cart forward, so the line backed up and blocked the front (main) aisle of the store. I think she was one of those people who craves attention, and seemed to feel very pleased that we were all forced to look at and listen to her for a lengthy period of time as she expounded to the cashier about how she likes to eat healthy and was so excited to find that item which usually isn't sold in the store, etc,. etc., etc. I almost walked out that day, except I didn't feel well enough to go elsewhere and really needed the few items I was buying. Sometimes it's a situation of damned if you do, damned if you don't, with regard to selecting a register.

Patsy Faye and Ken Anderson like this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

To many people driving motorcycles are really rude and think they don't have to obey traffic laws. And people who drive and talk or text on their cell phones instead of paying attention to their driving. Both these things are not only rude but very dangerous too.

Joe Riley, Diane Lane and Patsy Faye like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

I get angry when I see motorcycles cutting in and out of traffic driving in a dangerous manner. I'm tired of being preached to about how we all need to be aware of motorcycles, when they are often the aggressors on the road. I worked with head injury patients, and have seen the aftereffects of that type of behavior. I know there are drivers who will purposely aim to scare them, and they are no better.

We have a lot of bicycle riders here who think they're vehicles...at least until it comes to following the rules of the road. They like to tie up traffic with their leisurely rides along the one main road here (one lane in each direction), yet when they reach a stop sign or red light, they sail right through, while the cars and trucks are forced to stop. I want to see the police targeting those riders.

4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Some are far too noisy - one recently really hurt me ears :eek:

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

I thought it was just me, but I recently saw something about people with Fibromyalgia being more susceptible to loud noises, and that makes sense. I do tend to get sensory overload when I go into large stores. I completely avoid malls these days. I've got a next door neighbor with a buddy with a loud bike, and another that likes to drive by & rev his motor when he passes my other neighbor's house.

Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane
    Coincidence - I have Fibromyalgia too ...........

Diane Lane and Joe Riley like this.
  7. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

One of my favorites is how people drive. Someone in a gas guzzling truck or SUV will gun it to pass and you meet up with them at the stop light. Yesterday a noted a car pass and cut in front of another only to wait at the light.

8. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Saw this constantly while living in Phoenix. My friend, Bob Loch, born and raised in Milwaukee, had that "dry humor" of many Wisconsin guys of German ancestry. As a guy roared around us, red light just ahead, then screeched to a halt in front of us, Bob dryly remarked, "He gets to stop first".

After that laugh, I began to see a pattern, a psychology behind it. Folks becoming sick and tired of coming in "second", used and abused by others and a "system" beyond their ability to cope with, had found a way of "getting over" on all of it, by getting to stop first!

Whaddaya think?
    Frank

9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Would it be okay if someone in a Prius did that?

Diane Lane and Frank Sanoica like this.
  10. Frank Sanoica

Registered

None of the madness I have seen on city streets is worth beginning a road rage incident over.

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Hummmm, "gas guzzling" vehicles? We could never be without a SUV............only thing that will pull our boat. And, besides that, 4-wheel drive SUV's and full-size trucks make it thru snow much easier than those small vehicles do. Oh, did I say the word "snow"? Yep........gonna end up leaving Florida and move back to Colorado.

Sheldon Scott and Ken Anderson like this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

But, when someone cuts you off, what are you suppose to do? As they almost hit the front of you, wave nicely, as in saying "Hi" to them, or blast your horn? However, today, I don't even blast my horn. Way to many people have a gun in their car and aren't afraid to use it if someone pi**es them off by honking their horn at them.

Holly Saunders and Frank Sanoica like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Registered

One thing I don't miss about the city is the honking of horns. That's probably why it irritates me so much when one particular person goes by and honks every time she passes our mutual friend's house (across the street from me, so I can't miss hearing it) several times a day. Yep, her hubby's the one on the motorcycle revving his engine every time he passes, as well. I think it's their version of dogs marking their territory.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Frank Sanoica

Registered

I take it you have no gun with which to retaliate? Please, I'm not being facetious. Estimates in Arizona state about half the vehicles running about have a firearm in them. Amazingly high number. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of armed individuals fully understand, and adhere to, the legal implications going along with having the firearm.

15. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree with that. I really don't know why some people drive as they do. But I don't get into some horn honking or bright light flashing scenario like some do.

And no it wouldn't matter what car they are driving. The bigger vehicles use more gas of coarse but I'm also thinking of the mentality behind some of this driving.