People Say The Silliest Things

Discussion in 'Education & Learning' started by Ina I. Wonder, May 31, 2016.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

@Julie Stewart
    Ha ha ! My Sparky was saying this very thing to me yesterday !
    'He turned round and said - so I turned round and said ............' Drives us barmy !
    We never do 'turn round and said' I've got vertigo anyway, so wouldn't do me any good :p

2. Patsy Faye

Registered

The other one that never fails to make me giggle is picturing this ................
    A fella is knocking on the door with a ginger beard !
    :p

Julie Stewart likes this.
  3. Augusta Heathbourne

Augusta Heathbourne Active Member
    Registered

Some years ago I was learning to play guitar so that I could be in my church's 'praise and worship' band for evening services. The vicar was teaching me himself, as he played lead guitar. During one of the first weeks while I was practicing at home alone one of my guitar strings broke, so I rang to ask my vicar what to do. He was out visiting parishioners so his secretary had to take a message. What I said without thinking was " Please tell the vicar my G-string is broken." I never lived that one down!

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Back when my boys were 8 and 10, I bought them an erector set for Christmas. When asked at my companies yearly party what I got the kids that year I said, "I bought my boys an errection set." :eek: :oops: :rolleyes: :D

6. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The phone rings... the message say's "Please leave a message.".. and the nut case on the other end says" Hello...Hello... Hello "...
    As for wording such as .".may I axed yous a question"....... can you can Ebonics? I have family members who do this- drives me nuts. Makes them sound- well stupid.
    Or how about this one... your changing a flat tire. Your neighbor walks up and asks"- got a flat tire?" Heeelllooo...no I am changing its diaper ......here's your sign! You have ever heard Bill Engal the comedian , you will get the - Here's your sign .

Janice Martin and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Janice Martin

Janice Martin Well-Known Member
    Registered

The one about the flat tire reminds me of the paperbacks MAD magazine had decades ago- "Snappy answers to stupid questions." :p

Gloria Mitchell likes this.