People Have No Decency Anymore

Discussion in 'Make Me Laugh' started by Roberta Corale, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Trust me ...I have seen these types of people ....and worse. And they do not all shop just at Walmart. I have to wonder ..do they not own a mirror at home ?
    I would freak out if I dressed so bad that being on a Walmart video was my 15 mintues of fame.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

If those people are dressing like that to go to Walmart, then you can bet they are dressing just like that to go other places too. I don't think they woke up one morning and decided to wear their "Walmart outfit" just to Walmart....that is their outfit for the day and if a photographer followed them around all day I wonder where else they will be going in those ridiculous outfits? You can find people dressed like these all over the place, not just at Walmart.

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I seldom shop at Wal-Mart as I don't find it enjoyable--not that I find most shopping enjoyable. Wal-Mart customers here seem to be the rudest, most inconsiderate folks collected in one place. The employees seem to be very nice, but the customers are not. Other places we shop don't seem to be that way, and at Target, the customers are more considerate and well-mannered than the clerks.

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I pretty much hate Walmart. Whatever Walmart I go to, it seems like it's packed. There are never parking spaces near the door, there are people everywhere, most of them are tense, and there are long lines. Usually, the cashiers are pretty efficient but there are just too many people. The only redeeming value of Walmart is that the shoppers can be entertaining. Particularly if my wife is the one doing the shopping, if I can find a free bench in front, I can sit there and watch the strange people.

5. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Agree.. wish our Target was closer- Walmart would never see me. Plus, no over head blaring music.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

When a grandson graduated from high school--about 10 years ago. We got all Dressed up, church like, dressed up .We were at a huge auditorium that was not on school property. We were so overdressed... I mean people in jeans with holes , cutoffs and flip flops... teddys with no bras... um, not doing that again.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

My wife and I almost always part company when we go to Walmart. She goes her way to shop and I go my way to find what I went there for. It's actually the safest way to do things because there are times when I might embarrass her by a few candid remarks I make to other customers.

One time there were 4 or 5 people blocking an isle so I asked them what they were protesting. A couple of odd looks is all it took for me to simply say that they were blocking the road so they must be demonstrating. Another time there were a couple of stockers who blocked an isle with a couple of carts but they weren't stocking anything but just shooting the breeze. I asked if they needed help stocking or could I just join in on the conversation.

So far as the way people look, the place we go really isn't as outrageous as some of the other Walmarts might be but every now and then there are people who are obviously trying to make a fashion statement by the way they choose to come out in public.
    Although most things do not bother me, I still cannot fathom the fascination that some men have over wearing their pants below their buttocks. In truth, the link had a few people who were simply being honest by wearing nearly nothing as opposed to someone who doesn't have the ability to pull the pants he has on .....up.
    It really isn't a show of patriotism by wearing one's pants at half mast nor does it show off the structure of one's buttocks because if someone really wants to see the real butt on those individuals all they have to do is look at what is sitting above the shoulders and perched on his neck.

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Walmart people have been around longer than Walmart has existed. Used to them occasionally at flea markets, big beer busts, occasionally walking into a used furniture store. Walmart merely offered an exhibition platform. As Shirley said, some may pose for a classic short for whatever reason.

I watched Walmart put thousands of small businesses out of business. Maybe we all did. I resented it then but if it hadn't been Walmart, it would have been done by somebody else. Sam Walden has a good business plan that's time had come. Walmart people were personality types who merely changed their name.

I have traded at Walmart many years. If not I might have driven many miles to the city. They like to show off, throw it up to people who are offended or embarrassed. And some exhibit shock or amusement. In our country today. In our world today exists showboats and personalities. Me thinks.

Don Alaska likes this.
  9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I only shop at Wal-Mart for things no one else has, or no one can come close to matching the price. I go there probably 2 or 3 times a year. Wal-Mart went into Juneau, Alaska, our state capital, with a Super Wal-Mart and put a number of pre-existing small businesses out of business...then, guess what--they are closing the big Wal-Mart so the folks there will not have anywhere to shop until someone comes in to fill the gap, or some of the small businesses re-establish themselves.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
    Chris Ladewig and Bobby Cole like this.
  10. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

In much of west Texas there aren't anybody else's. I also use Target as much.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't care how the people at Walmart dress. I do most of my big shopping at Walmart and I can guarantee you won't find me dressed like any of them if you happen to run into me at my favorite Walmart.

I have said this before about Walmart but I really like shopping there because it has everything under one roof and overall I find the best prices there too. I haven't really run into any rude shoppers over here but then one of the things our City is known for is their friendly people. :) Sometimes I have to do a little waiting to checkout as they may not have as many registers open, but lately that hasn't even been a problem because there are actually employees guiding you to the register that has the fewest people in line or leading you to a register that is just opening, etc. I'm not usually in a hurry anyway so I don't mind a little waiting to check out. I usually go to do my shopping at Walmart when I know the crowds won't be so bad...I don't go shopping there on weekends or after work hours. I will usually drive there right after 9am on a weekday and by 11am I am usually checked out, my stuff loaded in my car, and on my way home. Sometimes I might be there longer depending if I'm browsing around looking at the the new merchandise they have gotten in. If I'm also going for just bird seed and gardening supplies...I park by the garden center and check out there too which takes no time at all to me.

At one time I was not happy with the conditions of the bathrooms at Walmart...but now they are kept clean whenever I am shopping there so I can't even complain about that anymore. And just for your information I usually don't see many shoppers that are dressed weird and never nasty like in those pictures. I guess if I did...that might make me want to think about shopping somewhere else too. But most of the people I see shopping at Walmart are just regular people trying to save money on the things they need and probably don't want to have to shop in a bunch of stores to get all those things too.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

One thing for sure, not everyone likes Walmart. My SIL sure doesn't and wouldn't even think of stepping a foot into the store.

Funny, if a customer was to ask a Walmart employee "do you like working here?", they will first give you the look of "you've got to be kidding, heck no" and then they will say, "it's ok".

Seems like a different type (dressing) of people shop at Penny's, Kohl's, Sears and other stores like them than do shop at Walmart. Although, I've seen ladies dressed like Vegas Call Girls walking thru our local mall.

Bobby Cole likes this.