People Get Shocked About My Wife

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I don't play but know enough about it....lots of golfers in the family.

But I'm not impressed with myself because of it. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

While I don't talk about the NFL very much on here...or Nascar Sprint Cup racing, it's only because there don't seem to be to many on here who are interested in these things. My Honey and I are big fans of both. My Jags jersey and Saints jersey and cap are worn for all the games, my Honey wears his too. We also have Nascar racing shirts and caps. I just had my Honey take the NFL jersey pic so you could see NFL is something we really enjoy too.
    IMG_0731.JPG
    I also love to fish when I have the chance. And I still hold the title of catching the biggest fish between my Honey and me. :) As you can see I also have my fishing cap on too. :)
    30443_1321335873964_6216276_n.jpg

When I was younger I hunted and shot squirrels and gutted and skinned them so my mom could cook a fricasee with them as well as dug up worms and took off fishing. I was also pretty good with a bow and arrow.

I'm glad your wife enjoys doing the things you like to do Cody...but I agree with @Holly Saunders and @Chrissy Cross that she's not the only woman who does and what you may consider "manly" things are really just things any gender can enjoy.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Great picture @Babs Hunt , you look fabulous... and you're so right these sports are not gender specific at all ..

Chrissy Cross and Babs Hunt like this.
  4. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't play golf..I've tried a couple of times, but it bores me to tears but I can tell you everything about the game, and what all the terminology is...

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks Holly...I do love "dressing up" in my NFL jerseys! :)

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Sorry, but there are those that truly get impressed about someone who does things, and knows things, that they don't.
    My wife has found this out from strangers we've talked to that have looked at pictures of her holding Rainbow Trout, holding her 9mm at the Range and talking NFL. Of course, like already stated, that's here where we live that strangers feel that way about her.

Heck, I was very impressed about my last Director/Supervisor and his education and knowledge about Purchasing and Inventory Management.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, then WHY do strangers get so impressed, when shown pictures of her doing this stuff?

She doesn't wear a jersey of any NFL team, but sure knows the game (plays, rules, etc.). I've gotten impressed at what she knows about NFL. We both enjoy NASCAR as well, but a number of drivers we use to watch, have now retired.

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

To a point, they are "gender specific" when some women don't, and won't, participate.
    Statements like: "It's not lady-like". "Have a gun, not me", "fishing, definitely not my thing". "wear jeans, definitely, with my high heels on". "clean and drive a boat? I don't even like being on the water"
    I've actually heard ladies say these statements.

Remember, I DID say......."To a point" above.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Guess it's just really hard for you ladies to understand that there are women out there that will say "I don't do that and never would" and young men out there that say, "I'm glad my wife doesn't like that. That's for me and my buddies to do."

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I think they're in the minority.....

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Funny, but when I told my wife about this Thread and the reaction I'm getting from it, she said "it's obvious these ladies haven't talked to the people we've talked to and shown the pictures to. Sorry your getting such a pounding, Honey. They should go to the Range we go to and see that there are only a couple of women there shooting and a lot of times, there is none."

12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Not here. In the 9 years we've had a boat here, I've never once seen a lady driving one on the water. Really. When we watch the Christmas Boat Parade, on tv, from Ft. Lauderdale, FL, we've never see a lady driving one of the boats in the parade.

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, it's evident you are proud of your wife and that's a good thing to be. But just because in the small world y'all are living in now there doesn't seem to be a lot of women doing the same things your wife does, doesn't mean in the rest of the world it's the same way.

Women all over the world are enjoying their lives doing "everything" they want to do without worrying about whether those things are "manly" or not. The only limits women have now are the ones they put on theirselves now days whether that is because they really aren't interested in some things, health reasons, or they are to busy doing the things that do interest them which many be considered "manly" by you too.

That's my opinion and I'm done with this topic.

14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

There are a myriad of reasons for a man to be extremely proud of his wife but let's face it ladies, most men do not openly pen them for the world to know. Whether it is for shooting a weapon or landing the biggest trout or giving childbirth, generally speaking, men prefer to show their devotion in a more private setting.

It wasn't very long ago that the only recognition the ladies in our lives got was how well they placed in the pie cook off at the county fair or the fried chicken they made for the church social.
    While it might be an archaic attitude, it is indeed rare that a man would tout his mate as being the next best thing to Annie Oakley rather than that of an apron wearing home maker. The stereotypic lady as ensampled by those 50's and 60's TV shows like Leave it to Beaver, Father Knows Best and the Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet may be a thing of the past but in the minds of many men, still relevant.

Bottom line is that I do find it a bit refreshing that some men do wish to blow the horn for their life mates and I do find it a pity that most men do not.

As for my own wife, it is hard to describe her. She has been known to run a ranch, breed and ride horses, run a dog kennel, raised three kids and would dig a hole to China if it made her plants grow better, puts up with me, but she still finds time to cook and crochet.
    Yup, I am indeed proud of her.........................................!!

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Oh I know that there are women that do these things, no problem there. But, the women (strangers in a restaurant or wherever) that we talk to and show the photos to, do really get amazed and impressed over what they see my wife doing. Sometimes I don't understand why they are so surprised and impressed, but these ladies are. Apparently they don't know any ladies that like NFL-NASCAR-PGA, own/use a gun and/or rifle, have a boat, know (or even like) rodeo, etc. We've ran into young men, and some older ones, that I show the picture of her shooting her 9mm and they get a little shocked. Again, apparently they don't know any women that like firearms.

So, among these "strangers", my wife is unique and they tell us that.