People Get Shocked About My Wife

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Don't be surprised at my post, ladies. If you two were to ask my wife about the comments I've made about men and women concerning her interests, she say the say thing, "not many that we've met and especially not here. In Colorado, yes, but not here."

We've been members of the Range since April 2009 and have seen only a few ladies shooting there. And, most of them were young enough to be our daughters or even granddaughters. The two oldest ladies we've seen there really didn't even look like Senior ladies. The one lady was the retired Army Lt Colonel.

When we had our boat on it's trailer, in a RV/Boat Storage facility, we'd both go over on some weekends, when the Tide time wasn't right, and work on it. All we ever seen at that storage working on a boat was men. Now, perhaps these men weren't married anymore or didn't have a girlfriend, but no women with them.
    In Dry Storage, where we are now, in almost two years, I've seen just two ladies helping a man clean a boat that was sitting on a Wash Rack.

I don't get it, but what I do know is.........many younger guys, here anyway, are glad their lady isn't doing what they like to do. In Colorado it was different, in some ways.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Holly, just out of curiosity, when was the last time you held a gun or rifle and shot it? For my wife, it was last month. And, she can't wait to go again. Nice thing is, she has every weekend off, so when the weather is good/nice.........we can go.

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Wonder how many ladies on this forum wish their husbands would get on a forum and talk so nice (ok, great) about their wife?

LOL........I'm starting to wonder if that was such a good idea now. Oh well, it's done. Just waiting to hear from others.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm thinking all of them think their wives are the best....I know my husband did.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I wouldn't doubt that, but my curiosity lies in the "what" part, compared to what I listed my wife likes. Heck, she will even sit on the bench at the range and load ammo into the clips with me.

Wonder how many ladies on this forum wear a baseball cap at times. My wife does and I love it.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

All those qualities are what you find attractive..other people find different things attractive...it's not a contest.

I wear a baseball cap if I'm walking and it's sunny."does that count? Jeez @Cody Fousnaugh ...this is my last post in this thread.

I helped my hubby load bullets long ago and I also changed his colostomy bag when he was too sick to do it himself.

I think I get the award for "wife" of the year lol.

7. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday... I had the gun out, and was cleaning it in fact.

last time I was at the range was over 2 months ago, can't shoot at the moment due to the shoulder tendinitis...

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

I've been a member of our shooting range since 2001

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have a lifetime membership in the NRA. :)

Only because my husband bought it for me...

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

copys298-1.jpg In answer to your question Cody.....

Me in a baseball cap...

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Good lord, we all do that... we all load our own ammo... what do you think other women do Cody, really... ?... sit there waiting for someone to hand them a ready loaded pink gun... and careful not to break their nails, before they start shooting wearing 6 inch Louboutin heels lol

As I said before, you seem rightly proud of your wife, because you personally don't know many women who do what your wife does...but believe CC and I , there are millions of women out here who can do the same..while holding down a full time job, and raising children and keeping a household going... our husbands are all proud of us... too...

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

My wife’s ex-husband didn’t like her wearing a baseball cap at all. She was elated when she found out that I liked it.

It’s not a contest, it’s a “curiosity” thing with me about other women on this forum. I’ve read Threads and replies about men and boating, guns, rodeo and fishing, but very little about their wife’s participation in any of it.
    That’s what I’m wondering about. The “manly” kind of stuff that women would do.
    My wife has a camouflage (hunting) baseball cap, a BassPro baseball cap and a Remington (rifle) baseball cap with a full-rack deer on it that she wears. In wearing these ball caps, nobody would believe she was raised in a small suburb of Detroit. More like somewhere in Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, the Dakota’s or one of the Plains states.

13. Holly Saunders

Registered

We can't have that here because guns are illegal unless you're a member of a gun club , and we have to be regularly checked by the police to ensure we've not committed any crimes ...so we have to renew our memberships annually...

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Holly, not talking about the normal things a woman would do, I’m talking about the “manly” type things a woman would do and is still doing.

Actually, our local gun and sports shops sell pink handguns.

My wife is unique and she’s been told that before. We’ve got pictures of her using her 9mm, her Ruger, holding trout we caught and helping me at a rodeo. Even her family is shocked that she owns and shoots firearms.

15. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

EXCELLENT, Holly!