Peer Reviewed Survey Finds Majority Of Scientists Skeptical Of Global Warming Crisis

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Ken Anderson, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Contrary to what we've been told over the past several years, according to a peer-reviewed survey of scientists, most are skeptical of a global warming crisis.

Source: Forbes

2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't believe all the global warming crap...to be honest, it's one of my least concerns.

Diane Lane likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Are you one of those conspiracy nuts?
    :)

Martin Alonzo and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

The global warming nonsense ran across a problem that show the temperature in the last 18 years has not changed. So they quite using the phrase global warming and when to climate change which I agree it is called weather

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Ken it is not important that it is true just send money

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

To those that don't believe in global warming - I'd love to hear your reasoning as to why the problem exists

Honey Gee likes this.
  10. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

The saddest sight I have seen is a polar bear clinging to 2ft x 2ft piece of ice.

Can somebody explain why they think the polar ice caps are melting.

11. Martin Alonzo

Registered

You can get pictures showing polar bear swimming does that mean there is no ice? The ice caps now are at record highs but the news media don't talk about that they find somewhere that has had a high temperature. Two years ago the great lakes in Canada froze over completely this has not happened in the last 100 years. You can nitpick world temperatures to make your point one way or another. The world temperature has been changing since the beginning in time and for the first billion years there were no cars. Also the polar ice caps on Mars started to melt I guess they have too many SUVs . You want to know why we have global warming in is a scam follow the money. There was a professor who wanted to do a study on the decreasing amount of a certain type of mice in an area. He went for funding for the research and was told there was no money for that. He went back and ask for money to show global warming was the cause of the extinction of the mice in a certain area. He was told how much do you need.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  12. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

I prefer to keep an open mind @Martin Alonzo. There seems to be more scientific proof there is global warming than against. The sceptics normally from countries who produce more ozone gases and relatively rich. Financial gain.

We definately need more renewable energy as oil and gases are not going to last for ever.

13. Martin Alonzo

Registered

I do agree I want free energy also but long as there is money in oil it will never disappear and see we need it they are finding ways to get more money because we do.

When you fund the scientific research you get the response you want. I don’t trust research who have an agenda.

Diane Lane and Chrissy Cross like this.
  14. Honey Gee

Honey Gee Veteran Member
    Registered

Tend to agree on some points there Martin apart from medical research for finding cures for diseases. Apologies off topic.

15. Ken Anderson

On the one hand, we're given photos of polar bears clinging to a piece of ice, in the hopes that this will tug at our heart strings. On the other, we're told that polar bears are being found further south than their natural habitat, and this is also being presented as a sign of impending doom due to global warming. It might also be viewed to indicate that just the opposite is true, that the polar bear range is extended either due to an increase in the polar bear population or that the polar bear habitat is itself expanding. The truth is that a photo proves nothing of substance. Have polar bears never before been seen on a floating piece of ice? Polar bears are able to swim distances of fifty of sixty miles so, quite clearly, they are not unused to water in its liquid form.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Diane Lane and Ina I. Wonder like this.