Peanut Butter With Honey

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Diane Lane, May 8, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I usually just buy the regular kind, but this time when I was grocery shopping, I bought the peanut butter with honey. WOW! It's fabulous! I don't think I'll ever buy the old stuff again. Actually, it's called Kroger Roasted Peanuts and Honey.

Attached Files:

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

I have often mixed peanut butter with honey to spread on toast. It's always been a great combination, and it works with either runny honey or thick honey. I doubt that I would buy it premixed because it's so easy to make with a jar of honey and regular peanut butter.

Ruby Begonia and Sheldon Scott like this.
  3. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

What Ruth said.

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I knew there were different grades of honey, but not that there were types, such as runny and sticky. I sometimes like the taste of honey and sometimes don't. I don't always have it on hand, other than when I'm sick, because then I use it in tea or hot toddies, so it was unusual for me to buy the peanut butter with honey in it, and the fact that I liked it so much was surprising to me.

5. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, I usually only eat peanut butter with blackberry jam. I guess I should really get around to trying this combination, as I can even imagine it tasting fabulous!

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I like peanut butter. I like honey. But I don't like mixing the two.

7. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I love peanut butter, I did have a jar of Honey Roasted Peabut Butter, I wonder if that is the same as the one you are referring to. I did not get to taste the peanut butter, my grandson that loves peanut butter more than I do ate the whole jar by the time I was ready to give it a try.

8. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I have to agree with Ken. I love them separately, but not together. What I like is peanut butter with brown sugar! It can't be any old p'nut butter either. It has to be Jif brand. I also like it with any kind of jam, or with bananas, but nothing beats brown sugar! :D

9. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes we have peanut butter here but the craze now is nutella. It is like peanut butter but on a different genre. I still have to sample that peanut butter and honey. I remember when I was in high school, my favorite snack was peanut butter on a banana. I would slice the banana in half and put peanut butter inside. That's my sandwich. I could finish 3 of that in one sitting especially when I was watching my favorite tv program in the afternoon. But I still do that sometimes... when we have banana on the table.

10. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not really a fan of such sweet products. Even peanut butter is too sweet for me, haha. :D

11. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I don't see this in any store on the island that I go to. I just found a 1.98 Peter Pan peanut butter at Walmart. We love peanut butter at our home. I'll be on the lookout for this from now on. Sounds good peanut butter honey! If the sugar isn't too high I will buy it-got to watch the sugar and cholesterol.

12. Sheldon Scott

Registered

A note about honey: You should only buy locally grown honey. The honey sold in groceries is so finely filtered it loses its natural properties as a food'
    Additionally, honey grown in other parts of the planet may contain pollen your body doesn't recognize and may trigger allergies..

Yvonne Smith and Lara Moss like this.
  13. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I love peanut/butter honey mixtures. I used to buy it in a jar already mixed at the grocery store, but since I was diagnosed with diabetes it became a no no. Then I discovered sugar free peanut butter and sugar free "honey" so I mixed up my own. I just keep some in a jar in the cupboard and have it on toast with my coffee in the morning on occasion. I love it and it makes me feel like I am indulging in something I should not be eating. I get the sugar free honey at WalMart and when I see it there I buy several jars at a time. It comes in a small jar.

14. Sheldon Scott

Registered

Sugar free honey ???

15. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

I know. I was so surprised to see it and bought a jar to try it. It actually does resemble honey in taste and it has the same texture and density as regular honey.