Peace And Great Blessings To All

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Chelly Ali, Mar 20, 2020.

1. Chelly Ali

Chelly Ali Well-Known Member
    Registered

I am new to this forum. I am in need of support as my world is in a horrific place, but I know my Redeemer Lives!
    I have no friends or family to lean on because I am growing from years of abuse.This is a heck of a price to pay for healing, but my freedom is well worth it
    I pray all are staying safe during this time of trouble we are ALL in.

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome & Peace Be Unto You Chelly. Tell us a bit more about you.

Micki Pembroke and Lois Winters like this.
  3. Chelly Ali

Registered

This online stuff is new to me. to be honest, it frightens me a little. Im not yet comfortable about what I should and should not disclose.
    I guess more will be revealed as time goes on. Thank you for taking the time to reach out. You are appreciated.

4. Craig Wilson

Craig Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Chelly as I told you earlier you are on the friendliest forum for our age group on the planet. Again I offer you the warmest greeting. If you have any question dont hesitate to ask myself or any member.

5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

As with anything online, it's best not to give too much information, at least that which might lead anyone to be able to figure out personal details, like identification. I have no reason to believe that our forum is inhabited by stalkers but, since anyone can read what is written here, it's best to be on the safe side. Keep in mind that, while the members of this forum may be perfectly wonderful, and safe, which I believe to be the case, anyone can read these forums, which is true of most forums. Other than your IP address, which is visible only to the administrator, we don't ask for or save identifiable details here, and I have no interest in trying to figure out anything that someone hasn't chosen to divulge here.

Some of us use our real names, while others don't. A big part of what we do here is to talk about ourselves, but everyone is free to be as cautious as they like. I have posted my address and email address but, since I own the domain name for the forum, people would be able to determine that, anyhow.

For the most part, though, it's easy enough to talk about the things that matter without revealing personally identifiable information. In other words, it makes sense to be cautious, but there's no reason to be overly fearful. You'll get more out of the forum if you let us know a little bit about who you are as a person, but we don't need to know your real name, address, or other personally identifiable information.

Sometimes, even if we don't feel comfortable talking about the things that are really on our mind, it helps to simply have a conversation about anything. Since you've indicated that you're new to forums, they work kind of like a chat room, only the people who are in on the conversation aren't necessarily all here at the same time.

When someone wants to start a new topic, that's referred to as a thread. They click to the button to "Post New Thread." They are then asked to give the new thread a title and to start it off by saying something about it. That's called a post, and the first post in a new thread is known as the opening post. But you've figured that out because you did that here, in this thread. Then others come along if they think your new thread sounds like it might be interesting (that's where an informative title helps), and click into it. They read your opening post, and then they might decide to reply to it by making a post of their own, which will be published in your thread. As other people log in throughout the day, or even days, weeks, months, or years later, and they reply to it. Some threads have been going on for years, while others get only a few replies, or sometimes even none, but the chances are very good that your thread would get replies.

Additionally, you can read other member's threads and, if something looks interesting to you, then you can join in. It doesn't matter if the thread is four years old or if it was started only a few moments ago.

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

You do definitely need to be careful what you post on a forum, @Chelly Ali . Do not put any personal information like phone number, email, or any of that information. It is fine to say where you live, as far as the country, state, or city that you live in, as long as it is not your complete address.
    Some things, you might want to talk about, but might not want to say to everyone on the forum, but we have private conversations where you can be more open about what is happening in your life right now.
    It sounds like Craig has privately messaged you, so you perhaps know how to start a private conversation. If not, it is simple.
    Just click on the person’s avatar picture, and a little box will pop up for that person, and one of the options is “start a conversation”.

If you feel comfortable sending me a private conversation, I would be happy to listen to you tell me what is happening in your life. Many of us here are also Christians, and those of us who are would also be happy to pray for you.
    Maybe , you can start with telling us just a little bit of basic information about you, like whereabouts in the world you live, and some generic information about what is happening in your life.
    That would be safe and appropriate for an open forum like ours.

You may receive private conversations from those of us who feel empathy and want to try and help you bear this burden that is weighing you down.
    As I write this message, I am also asking a prayer for our Lord Jesus to hold you in his arms and give you comfort.
    You have come to a good place to be supported and cared about , and I am glad that you made this step.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome, Chelly Ali, from sunny, very warm and pollen filled (today) North Carolina.

Bobby Cole and Chelly Ali like this.
  8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Welcome to the forum.

Bobby Cole and Chelly Ali like this.
  9. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Chelly Ali

Registered

Thank you much!

Micki Pembroke likes this.
  11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Welcome Chelly. Everyone here is easy to get along with, so you will never post anything that is wrong.

Micki Pembroke and Chelly Ali like this.
  12. Chelly Ali

Registered

Von Jones likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi chelly - I totally missed this thread and so want to welcome you :)
    [​IMG]

@Chelly Ali

14. Emily Brown

Emily Brown Veteran Member
    Registered

Another newbie welcoming your present here @Chelly Ali :) Well, that's me, who haven't introduced myself here. However, we have our own way to publicly reach out the caretaker, the admins, the greeters, and the other members. :D Welcome aboard. I have enjoyed the forum. I hope you will too. Peace and blessings. Take care. xx :)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  15. Joan Kuper

Joan Kuper Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hi Chelly...My prayers are with you and I am happy you have a source of comfort in your spirituality plus from what I have seen here so far, this is a great place for encouragement and caring. God Bless...