Pathology Assistant

Discussion in 'Jobs I Have Had' started by Richard Paradon, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Another job I once had was a Pathology Assistant in a large Catholic Hospital. Sounds pretty impressive but not really! Actually a more accurate title would be morgue orderly. You may keep reading because I am not going into any gory details.

We had two tables, one ceramic, which I always used as it was very easy to clean and the other, a stainless steel monster which I hated. As we rarely needed both tables, I decided that when my other busy work in the lab was complete, it would make a great place to take an occasional nap and if I was needed elsewhere, it was easy to page me. Over a course of time, I collected a few blankets and pillows and had a nice comfortable bed. The actual pathologists never asked me about it and I never gave them any reason for it.

Everything was going fine until one day when the senior sister had one of her friends come visit the hospital for a visit. I was fast asleep when they decided to check out the morgue. When they flicked on the lights, I rose up and asked them politely, "May I help you?" They immediately started screaming as they thought I was a corpse but soon the screams changed into shouts! I don't think it was more than two hours later when I had my final check in my hand and was making my way home!

Von Jones likes this.
  2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

It would have been nice to be a fly on the wall to see the expressions on the faces of the people you scared. Sleeping on the job or scaring the holy crap out of them which got you fired?

Richard Paradon likes this.
  3. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

A combination of things that the nun did not really like from the past as well, such as my "dead Christmas tree!" Nuns seem have limited humor.

Von Jones likes this.