Pastor Boudreaux

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bobby Cole, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I have traveled a lot in my life and have been in 50 states in the U.S. and 17 countries. I haven't visited the other 7 states Obama said we have but if I find them I am buying another RV and go for a visit. I digress most horribly.

In my travels I tried to visit as many old, small churches as I could and this is the story of one of them and the pastor, Rev. Boudreaux on one particular Sunday.

I arrived early for church and sought out the associate pastor since the pastor had not yet arrived. I always do that because it is a courtesy to do so when you are a visiting preacher. I found him, and the good brother received me well and showed me around the small church, and the grounds. While outside and while being introduced to a few of the small congregation, Peter (the associates name) and I saw the pastor walking up the dusty road towards the church. Peter told me that it was rather odd because brother Boudreaux always rode his bicycle to church on Sundays.

When the pastor got up to us, Peter asked him what happened to his bicycle and he said, with a small grumble, "somebody stole it!" I guess that got Peter thinking because he then told the disgruntled preacher that he should preach on the ten commandments. He advised him that when he got to the 8th commandment he should state it loudly and clearly such as "THOU SHALT NOT STEAL!!" After stating the 8th he should then look at each one in the 30+ people in the congregation and the one with the sheepish look on their face would be the one who copped the bicycle.

The preacher said he would do that, but during the sermon he went slowly through the first 6 but then sped through the other 4 like the Superbowl was going to start before he was finished but it was June and nothing happens on Sundays in June.

When the rest of the congregation left after the service, I and the kind associate went up to the preacher to inquire about why he didn't give the 8th commandment a little more time and zeal. The old guy bowed his head a bit and said, "yeah, that's what I was going to do until I got to the 7th commandment and realized where I hid my bicycle.