Passive Aggressive Behavior

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Arlene Richards, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

But, would they not be the same @Frank Sanoica? If we ignore something are we then not avoiding the eventual outcome?
    Ignoring a base precludes ignorance which is used in the same argument as avoidance, which also can be a failing, causing imaginary ignorance of an action or even static information.

In the case of the topic, can one really become eschewed to a problem by simply ignoring the problem when it is indeed one and the same? In the problematic field whereby the lack of personal assertiveness is known to the patient, how then can it be ignored by that same person? It would be like being eschewed by a car accident but the evidence is still in the dent of the fender. Simply put, it cannot be done IMHO. We can ignore or avoid a conversation about it but not the evidence of it.

Thanx Frank, I knew you had some good input even though apparently the op does not.

2. Arlene Richards

Arlene Richards Veteran Member
    Registered

"Steering"
    Yeah. Right.

3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I do believe that from the lack of reasonable, intelligent and constructive conversation displayed by yourself @Arlene Richards, I will put you on ignore. count down.....5...4...3...2...poof!

4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Arlene! Well I must say it's been effective... from what I've learned in crisis counseling classes, I assume that you're trying to "teach" everyone what passive aggressiveness is by demonstrating it, correct? Not sure I'd go about it in quite the same way but... whatever floats it, yes?

So... two questions. Do I win a prize for getting it right? What was the point of your experiment? And number three (ooops, I should take a math class to learn to count, eh?) number three would be that if I am totally wrong about this, do you need help of any kind? Please don't be afraid to ask!

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Couldn't help but put a "like" on you @Mari North. It's the same conclusion I came up with on page 1 but she wouldn't give me the time of day much less tell me if I was correct.
    Now, your assessment and question on the 2nd or 3rd part of your post might be the one thing I am not looking at. She is reaching out for help perhaps? Yes....that might be it.

Me thinks that I might have been a bit hasty placing the dear on ignore, for who am I not to share a hands up when one is in a state of crisis on our very own little slice of the Internet? Why, I will indeed go forth and re-open the doors that I may be with you on such a perilous journey as this might turn out to be. Open the lines of communication I say! Dern the torpedoes and full speed ahead! We don't need no stinking bandages! Wipe the dirt off and spit on the wounds and fight whatever windmills befall our comrade in arms!!

Uh....hmmmm.....sounds a little passive aggressive don't you think? Perhaps bandages would be appropriate after all.

6. Arlene Richards

Registered

@Mari North nope, it's not an experiment. This thread was supposed to be a discussion of a topic but unfortunately it quickly went downhill mainly due to mob mentality and inability to focus. And no, I'm not trying to teach anything....not my responsibility. You're welcome to try but hoping you have better uses for your time.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  7. Mari North

Registered

Yikes! And I thought I read the whole thread! Sorry for stepping on your toes there, Mister Cole! But yes, I'm sure you know the symptoms, too, absolutely. I do hope Arlene seeks help, though, if she needs it and we're not right. There's no shame in reaching out for help. Now this is where you'll probably say "don't talk about me as if I'm not in the room!" Arlene. I apologize ahead of time, but I'm 100% serious with the suggestion I made.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Mari North

Registered

Actually I don't have better uses for my time. Your responses are worrying me. I'm not being a smart aleck. Are you okay?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Arlene Richards

Registered

o_O

Am I okay? ? Well, I won't be losing any sleep, trust me.;)

Actually you completely lost me Mari. But, have a nice evening anyway. Maybe you should try the Games or Entertainment forums. Bye. :)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  10. Mari North

Registered

Nah, I'd much rather analyze people's psychological issues... what makes 'em tick, you understand. I won't even charge you! Oh, if you do lose sleep after all, I hear that counting helps. I once got to 9,500. You have a nice evening too, dear.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

"Eschew" : "Eschew comes from a word meaning dread, or shun. So to eschew something isn’t simply to avoid it, the way you would avoid walking in a puddle––it's stronger than that. You eschew things that you find morally or aesthetically wrong, or that you have chosen to find wrong. A dieter might eschew a chocolate sundae, not because he doesn’t like it, but because he’s afraid of what it will do to his waistline."

Source: https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/eschew

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Gesundheit, Frank! :)

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  13. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Danged allergies! They ARE better here in the desert than in the humid, Midwest, though!

14. Mari North

Registered

Hehe Good one, @Chrissy Page ! And @Frank Sanoica , if I'm going to diet, I'd rather eschew broccoli. Just sayin'! :D You people are fun. Well, most of ya'll. ;)

15. Arlene Richards

Registered