Party Style Curry

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Richard Paradon, May 6, 2015.

1. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

People in Thailand love little impromptu parties and if you just happen to be walking by and say hello or even just smile, chances are that you will soon be invited and share in some drinking and eating. This happened the other evening and one of the foods that showed up was veggies and other things (not sure what they were) in a spicy red curry.

So, yesterday, I decided I would try to duplicate this dish. It is far from what I had at the party, but it taste pretty good and is healthy. I did use two chicken legs because I needed some broth but it can be easily be made with a vegetable stock or even water.

I didn’t take a picture of the curry, but it is regular red curry or Panang.

Poaching the chicken.
    [​IMG]

I match-sticked some carrots. I did this with all the veggies.
    [​IMG]

Now this Noble Award style picture is a radish. I thought it was a turnip but I was wrong again!
    [​IMG]

I took the green-beans and tried to make them French styled but it was not worth the effort.
    [​IMG]

This is baby corn. It is cool because you can eat the cob as well!
    [​IMG]

Boil everything up and either eat it as soup...(I used a it of lemon juice and soy sauce for flavoring as I do not use salt)
    [​IMG]

Or pour it over some rice.
    [​IMG]

2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

@Richard Paradon I want to try that soup, on its at you own or with rice. What spices do you add? You have not mentioned the spices that go into a red curry - or do you buy them in the form of a ready made paste?

3. Richard Paradon

Richard Paradon Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi Ruth! I am happy you liked the recipe! I always feel awkward when I post something I cook because I never really know if someone tries it or not (of course, that will not stop me). Anyway, I buy packaged curry as it is much more convenient. The ingredients on the label say: chili, lemongrass, shallot, garlic, salt, spices, peanut and shrimp paste but do not have the amounts.

[​IMG]