Paris Under Attack

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

yes, the big reason for the Paris attacks. Since the end of Sept. France had increased bombing.

2. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

There are 164 verses in the Koran that speak of Jihad (not including many generic mentions of victory and heavenly rewards for Jihadists, nor Muhammed's poor opinion of those who do not go on Jihad). The Koran verse 8:12 (arabic spelling is Quran) says, "...make firm those who believe. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them." Peaceful Muslims believe the Koran but don't act on this scripture verse. Radical Muslims take it as a command and act on it.

3. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

And so it is clearly stated in the Q'ran the instruction on what to do with non-believers. This may be blasphemy but I think that Koran is insinuating something violent. But nevertheless, that violence may be intended for those ancient times and not to apply all of the times. If that verse would be taken literally then the war between Christians and Muslims will be revived. And that may be starting now with the attack in Paris.

4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

And so it is clearly stated in the Q'ran the instruction on what to do with non-believers. This may be blasphemy but I think that Koran is insinuating something violent. But nevertheless, that violence may be intended for those ancient times and not to apply all of the times. If that verse would be taken literally then the war between Christians and Muslims will be revived. And that may be starting now with the attack in Paris.

5. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Some Muslims believe the radicals are taking that verse out of context and that the command was intended for times of war when they are being fought against by their enemies. Well, now, after 9/11 as al-qaeda and now Paris as Isis (and other events before and in between), they do have enemies fighting against them but, of course, they brought that on. Isis was originally al-qaeda but wanted their own leader.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Diane Lane and Terry Page like this.
  6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Several states are now declining to accept Syrian refugees. Texas declined earlier, and I just heard Massachusetts declined, as well. I believe I saw that Michigan was also considering refusing to accept Syrian refugees. Personally, I have seen many pictures of supposed refugees who look as if they could form an army of their own, so I'm not sure why they aren't doing so. I'd rather fund them fighting for their homelands, rather than resettling here, especially those who don't respect our way of life.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.