Out My Window

Discussion in 'Games & Riddles' started by Diane Lane, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Louise Williams

Louise Williams Supreme Member
    Registered

our 2 little peach trees have tiny peaches on them this year!!, were soo excited, will be 3yrs old this year.. lol

[​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Those are so cute @Louise Williams! I'd love to have fruit trees/bushes. It's something I plan to look into at some point. I'm going to have to cut back the neighbor's pecan tree again soon, since he doesn't seem anxious to bother. It encroaches on this house and balcony yearly, and I have to undertake that task from the balcony. I like the privacy the tree provides, but enough is enough. I have a family of squirrels on/off the balcony right now, the babies are cute, but they're hogging the feeder, and I want the birds to get first dibs.

3. Diane Lane

Registered

I was a busy night in my neighborhood. First, an elderly gentleman bumped into the neighborhood convenience store by stepping on the gas instead of the brake. No one was hurt. I assume he will be paying for the damage. Then, one of the homes a few streets away caught on fire. Apparently the people living there had just moved out, so no one was inside at the time.

fire in my hood.jpg

4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Lots of excitement, eh, Diane?

This is what I see.

[​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Yes, it's been a sort of crazy week here, Shirley. In addition to the above, someone was racing through our 'hood the other night. On the same night, someone was at the house next door, which is up for rent, around 2:30 in the morning. They didn't seem daunted when I flipped on the outside lights, so i assume they had some right to be there. I think perhaps they were retrieving tools they'd left behind while working the other day. If not, I haven't heard anything about it.

I love watching the rain. I wish I had a place here where I could sit outside and watch/listen to it. We haven't had any rain all week, but I'm sure everything here is still drying up from the profuse rains we had the two weeks prior.

beach pic.jpg

6. Diane Lane

Registered

It's a gorgeous day today, and both the pink and white Mandevillas are in bloom on the balcony. The pink Mandevilla is new, I just got it last year. I've had the white one for years, and it's never shy, it blooms most of the year. flower pink mandevilla.jpg

7. Diane Lane

Registered

I made a run to Walmart earlier, and this was my view out my window as I drove up the bridge. I enjoy how varied the sky can look throughout the year, and particularly like the various cloud formations. magical sky.jpg

8. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't even know this thread existed. You'll have some neat looking birds and trees out your windows.

Diane, you live in an exciting neighborhood! :)

9. Diane Lane

Registered

Hi Chrissy, welcome to the thread. Post some pictures of what's near you, if you want. I love seeing where/how others live. There hasn't been too much of note to post lately, and I've been inside a lot of the time, since it's way too hot to spend too much time outside, but hopefully I'll get some new pics soon.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, same here. 107 today. I do have to go to Walgreens for a refill, I'd take a pic of that but if you've seen one you've seen them all. :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Registered

There isn't anything special outside my window. I just wanted to show y'all how pretty and sparkling clean they are. :D I just washed them last week.

[​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Diane Lane

Registered

They sure are sparkly clean @Shirley Martin, and your lawn looks great!! I won't be posting any lawn pics unless I get an extra burst of energy someday and get it all trimmed at the same time ;).

I took this out my window last night, it was a gorgeous sight! sunset Texas style - Copy.jpg

13. Shirley Martin

Registered

It is, indeed, a gorgeous sight. Sunsets are some of my favorite things.

Your mandevilla is gorgeous, too.

Diane Lane likes this.
  14. Diane Lane

Registered

Thanks @Shirley Martin, I love their frilly blossoms. I love sunsets and sunrises, although I'm not always up to see the sunrises, which seems to make them extra special when I do make the effort.

Here's a picture I took a bit ago out my window. sunrise through the trees.jpg

Shirley Martin likes this.
  15. Shirley Martin

Registered

Very pretty. The contrast between black and pastels is good.

Update on my sweet potato plant.

[​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.