Our Next Home Improvement Project Is Coming Up Soon

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Yvonne Smith, May 28, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I just had an epiphany and when I told my wife about it, her eyes lit up then I sort of got ......that look. You guys know...that look ......because we all get them, but I digress.

The idea is to purchase an RV (lit up eyes) and haul a small trailer carrying my tools behind it. (that look). We can then monitor the discussion groups, especially this one, and go from place to place helping folks fix up whatever is tore up and have a permanent vacation at the same time.

Granted, a small charge of some gas money and perhaps a good meal might be an appropriate trade but it would be far friendlier and cheaper than any other $50.00 an hour fix it guy might charge.

Naw, I guess not. Back to the drawing board cause I'm still getting that look..........but I love her anyway.

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Look out @Bobby Cole @Yvonne Smith will have you building a glass room around that pool. And, you'll have no excuse, you're capable of doing it. That's the problems with having skills, people want you to use them. Just think, swimming all year round, and how could you say no to Yvonne? :p

image.jpeg

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

An extremely novel and doable project but not without some problems the least of which is removing a lot of trees from around the pool. Glass roofs have a habit of breaking when heavy tree limbs drop on them.
    Like I wrote, tree limbs are the least of my problems because I KNOW my wife. The minute she is presented with a window, I wind up having to hang curtains.

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

I like the idea Bobby! You would be here awhile. I have lots of projects.

I'd be excited about just having an RV if I was Ynonne. Something I've always dreamed of...going from place to place and seeing the country. Along the way you can help people.

I want you guys to start planning this right away! :)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hey @Bobby Cole and @Yvonne Smith , if I help with finances can I come too? I can drive, scrub the RV, and in general be Yvonne's helper. I wouldn't take up much space, and Izzy sleeps with me. We don't eat much either. And, I promise to ride in the tool trailer when y'all want privacy, or I could attach a scooter to the back, and we could call it a convoy.

image.jpeg

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Brother Bobby's traveling salvation and home repair show.......

Yvonne Smith and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We might be able to get all of Bobby's tools situated right on the motorhome itself, and then we can zip right along without having to take the trailer.
    We can probably even tie the dog crates on there somewhere, too, @Ina I. Wonder ; so that Chipper and Izzy can watch the scenery and Tootsie can catch bugs as they come flying past the motorhome. There is a cute little balcony on top for when we want to sunbathe even.
    This is sounding better all of the time !
    Won't your neighbors be surprised to see us when we get out there, @Chrissy Page ?

image.jpeg

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ha ha Yvonne....yes, they'll be surprised and that's probably the nicest thing they'd be.

The neighbor that was helping me has a boat and sometimes has it in his driveway which I guess he's not allowed to do for more than 72 hrs. He said one of the neighbors turned him in and unless he moves it it's $475 in fines.

Don't know if that's every day that he doesn't move it or what but it's a lot any which way! It's a nice looking boat too...not junky.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Very Well-Known Member
    Registered