Our New Grandbaby Is ...

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Babs Hunt, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

being "knit together" beautifully in his or her moma's womb. :D That's my happy news for today. My daughter is in the beginning of her second trimester and our new grandbaby is doing just fine. Next Friday we will all be at a Family Gender Reveal Party...and my daughter and her husband will open in front of us all the sealed envelope which will let us know whether our new grandbaby will be a boy or a girl! I'm so excited to be having another grandbaby and I don't really care whether it is a he or she but know when they open that envelope and tell us who's coming...I will burst into tears of joy! :D

I never even knew what a Gender Reveal Party was until my daughter was carrying our last grandbaby who I ride the train to go and play with it at least every couple of months. That first gender party was really exciting to me. There wasn't an envelope to open at that party. Instead we each picked a cupcake and when we took a bite of it...there was pink filling inside letting us know my daughter was going to have a baby girl. Gender Party's are more exciting to me than Baby Showers.

12717364_10153248827731207_5962894342019844591_n.jpg
    This is what I love about technology. First picture of our new grandbaby at a little over 9 weeks in the womb. :)

12721604_10153307945911207_1426225272_n.jpg
    Second picture of our new grandbaby at a little over 13 weeks. :)

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I've never been to a gender reveal party, just always got the news from the parents in some way. Each time I kind of held my breath and hoped to hear "it's a girl" but it wasn't meant to be, but it's okay, I love all 5 grandsons.

At least I had a daughter so got to experience that once.

Von Jones likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Here's a few pics from our last Gender Reveal party. The cupcakes are just iced with white icing and decorated with a male and female symbol. You pick a cupcake with the symbol that you think will be the baby's gender. Then when we bite into them...you see either pink or blue icing. I was the first one to see the pink icing and burst out with "It's a girl!"...and then into tears of joy! :D

IMG_6358.JPG IMG_6376.JPG IMG_6389.JPG

And she was! :)
    pink girl.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
    Molly Hazel, Lara Moss and Von Jones like this.
  4. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

Things have sure changed over the years. When I was pregnant, it was guess the shape of the mother's belly. I was perfectly fine with that.

I once knew a family that wanted a girl so badly. I think they had 9 boys before they finally gave up.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Lol, Bonnie. My DIL and son stopped at 3 boys.

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, I know a lot of stories about people way back when who wanted a boy so bad they kept on having kids...and can even remember a story like that in my own life. When I was born my mom had already had 2 girls and my dad wanted a boy so bad...he swore the Doctor said I was just that! They had to take off my diaper and prove to him I was a girl. I never stopped hearing that story when I was young, and it affected my life. I was always trying to be "that boy" my dad wanted so bad...until I found out how exciting being a girl could be too. ;) I'm glad that today I more often hear others say they just want a healthy baby!

Chrissy Cross and Bonnie Thomas like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

When I was pregnant obviously didn't have ultrasound to know gender but to me that was the exciting part at the time of birth, boy or girl?

There are some parents today that don't want to know but it's probably more practical knowing, at least you can plan ahead a little, although mistakes have been made.

I don't think id want to know if I was pregnant now.

Bonnie Thomas and Babs Hunt like this.
  8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It never mattered to me either Chrissy...I was just thankful for whatever and how many God wanted to bless my life with. But it isn't that way as much today. This is more I want to plan and know everything world now to me. We didn't even go to the Doctor's to see if we were pregnant until we had missed at least two periods...at least that was how it was until I got pregnant with my last one when I was 36. I hadn't even missed a period yet but I just knew somehow that I was pregnant. And when I called the Doctor's Office and asked if they could tell me if I was even though I hadn't missed one yet...they told me yes. They did and I was but because I knew so early...that pregnancy seemed longer than my others.
    Now days technology can tell you if you're pregnant right after you conceive and I love the ultrasound pics...especially the 3D ones where you can almost see the baby as clearly as if they were out of the wombs. I was able to do ultrasound with my last pregnancy and it was just amazing to see my little one "playing" in my womb and sucking her thumb. :)

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Was it because you were older? I don't remember that being available..were the same age about. My last child was in 1976 though and I was 25.

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

No, it wasn't because I was older...just because I knew for sure so early. Even though it seemed longer, it was my best pregnancy (hardly any morning sickness) because I felt so good. And I had a natural birth with her so I wasn't all doped up right after delivering. She wasn't even born past her due date...but because I found out I was pregnant so early it just seemed like it last much longer. My first child was born in 1974....my last in 1986.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Sorry Babs, I misread your prior post. Multitasking.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The Gender Reveal Party and supper was last night. My daughter and her husband had a big sealed box right in front of the fireplace and when they opened the box blue balloons sailed up into the room. We're going to have a BOY this time. Which makes Mommy and Daddy both excited because as you can see in the picture their 1st child was a GIRL. :D Granny Babs is just fine with this exciting news!

IMG_2102.JPG

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

13090318_10153394558266207_705806813_n.jpg

My daughter is now in the middle of her second trimester with our grandson who is due to enter this our Family around September 21st. His sister, who will turn 2 years old about a month before our brother is born love kissing her brother through Mom's belly and loves to "pet" her Mom's belly too. We have been teaching her how to pet the dogs, etc. in our Family and to be gentle with them so I think this is where that is coming from. I don't think she is quite understanding what a brother is yet. :)

Oh my goodness my son-in-law has a "baby bump" too! :D

13101545_10153394556061207_997673447_n.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Joe Riley likes this.